Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT and TTS and PF

Posted by Linda D on 12/16/00 at 20:18 (035099)

I have been diagnosed with both bilateral Tasal Tunnel Syndrome and PF. Would ESWT be of any benefit?

Re: ESWT and TTS and PF

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/16/00 at 21:54 (035100)

This is one area that it isn't the best to use for. No studies and actually it isn't indicated. Sorry.

Re: Questions for Dr. Z

Jen Ross on 12/19/00 at 07:58 (035176)

Dr. Z,
I've talked to you about the tingling sensation in my right foot. Obviously, there must be a nerve problem but my question is...Just because there's nerve damage does it necessarily need to be TTS? Couldn't it be something else? My other question is...are there injections other than cortisone injections given in the foot?

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/19/00 at 19:53 (035215)

I have used Alcohol solutions for cutaneous (skin) nerve probems. I used this on a heelspur.com person . She had a Baxter's operation for heel pain and one of the nerve was scarred So I injected it a she feels alot better. So it does mean you have TTS. It could be local swelling pressing on a nerve. It could also be the Plantar fascia fibers healing. When I do miminial incision heel spur surgery alot of patients gets this nerve type pain that comes and goes. I described it as electric shocks. This is the pf healing where the surgery was done. It is possible that the ESWT which does cause a mechnanical trauma to the area is healing and this is the healing sensation.

Re: ESWT and TTS and PF

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/16/00 at 21:54 (035100)

This is one area that it isn't the best to use for. No studies and actually it isn't indicated. Sorry.

Jen Ross on 12/19/00 at 07:58 (035176)

Dr. Z,
I've talked to you about the tingling sensation in my right foot. Obviously, there must be a nerve problem but my question is...Just because there's nerve damage does it necessarily need to be TTS? Couldn't it be something else? My other question is...are there injections other than cortisone injections given in the foot?

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/19/00 at 19:53 (035215)

I have used Alcohol solutions for cutaneous (skin) nerve probems. I used this on a heelspur.com person . She had a Baxter's operation for heel pain and one of the nerve was scarred So I injected it a she feels alot better. So it does mean you have TTS. It could be local swelling pressing on a nerve. It could also be the Plantar fascia fibers healing. When I do miminial incision heel spur surgery alot of patients gets this nerve type pain that comes and goes. I described it as electric shocks. This is the pf healing where the surgery was done. It is possible that the ESWT which does cause a mechnanical trauma to the area is healing and this is the healing sensation.