Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

future of ESWT

Posted by ashley adams on 12/17/00 at 15:57 (035126)

what kind of future does the ESTW have? What to the doctors expect of it within the next decade or so?

Re: future of ESWT

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/17/00 at 21:14 (035134)

It will be used for the non-invasive repair of bone fractures called non-unions, osteonecrosis of the hip, knee , ankle.

In Europe they have been using ESWT for bone fracture and osteonecrosis of lower extremity joint in the hip,knee, and ankle.

This is proof that ESWT can and does stimulate bone cells . I believe there are center in the USA doing Studies at this very moment.

Julie on 12/18/00 at 01:43 (035141)

Dr Z, when you say ESWT is being used in Europe for bone fractures do you include Britain in Europe? (Of course lots of people here think we aren't part of Europe and desperately want us to be). I believe it's used here for kidney stones, but haven't been able to discover any other use, and definitely not for foot ailments.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/19/00 at 19:46 (035214)

If you go to the the European Society for Shockwave Therapy web site It is on the Doctors message board, there is a list of doctors . I believe that England has ESWT docs doing Feet. Jsut go to the site.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/17/00 at 21:14 (035134)

It will be used for the non-invasive repair of bone fractures called non-unions, osteonecrosis of the hip, knee , ankle.

In Europe they have been using ESWT for bone fracture and osteonecrosis of lower extremity joint in the hip,knee, and ankle.

This is proof that ESWT can and does stimulate bone cells . I believe there are center in the USA doing Studies at this very moment.

Julie on 12/18/00 at 01:43 (035141)

Dr Z, when you say ESWT is being used in Europe for bone fractures do you include Britain in Europe? (Of course lots of people here think we aren't part of Europe and desperately want us to be). I believe it's used here for kidney stones, but haven't been able to discover any other use, and definitely not for foot ailments.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/19/00 at 19:46 (035214)

If you go to the the European Society for Shockwave Therapy web site It is on the Doctors message board, there is a list of doctors . I believe that England has ESWT docs doing Feet. Jsut go to the site.