Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question about supination(sp?) for Richard

Posted by Lori E. on 12/18/00 at 14:50 (035156)

After visiting with Dr. Z he observed that I don't pronate, that I walk on the outside of my foot. He noticed that when I walk that my foot doesn't contact fully with the ground, it only connects to a point and then the rest of my foot slaps the ground. He summized that part of the cause of my heel pain is this mechanical problem I have with my feet. He looked at my othodics and commented that they didn't seem like they would help me much, and not to use them anymore. He now suggests I get shoes with lots of arch support(I have fairly high arches,) that don't limit my range of motion. I have the Birkenstock Tamtami handsewn models, but I am wondering about the boots or shoes that would help me with my range of motion/mechanical problems. I am ordering the Birkenstock Calgary with Tatami footbeds and I was wondering if you have any other suggestions. Thanks for your advice.

Re: Question about supination(sp?) for Richard

Richard, C.Ped on 12/18/00 at 15:46 (035157)

Hi Lori. I will show my ignorance by telling you that I do not know much about the Birks. If Dr. Z did not have a problem with them, I sure don't.
I would hate to recommend something and have you end up wasting a ton of money. Since you have already ordered the Birks, let me/us know it they helped you in any way.
Richard

Re: Question about supination(sp?) for Richard

Richard, C.Ped on 12/18/00 at 15:46 (035157)

Hi Lori. I will show my ignorance by telling you that I do not know much about the Birks. If Dr. Z did not have a problem with them, I sure don't.
I would hate to recommend something and have you end up wasting a ton of money. Since you have already ordered the Birks, let me/us know it they helped you in any way.
Richard