Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What are these symptoms of?

Posted by Theresa H. on 12/19/00 at 08:59 (035181)

Hi. I have severe pain in my heel, on the bottom of my foot, and the pain runs up the sides and back of my heel, just to the top of the heel. It's wosre on the bottom of the foot, but it does run up the heel. It hurts after a night of sleeping, or after being OFF me feet for a certain amount of time. It is so severe that I cannot walk on it and it brings tears to my eyes. It has been hurting for several months, but it's gradually getting worse.
Someone told me it sounded like a spur, but sonce I've never had one, I don't have nay idea what the symptoms are.
Do these symptons sound like a spur to you?

Re: What are these symptoms of?

Dr. Biehler on 12/19/00 at 10:48 (035191)

Sounds like you have an injured achilies tendon insertion and mabe a subcalanial or retrocalcainial bursitis. This should be checked out by your doctor before it gets worse. He will probably want to x-ray the foot. Dr. B.

j on 12/30/00 at 22:22 (035677)

occasional sharp pain on bone below big toe. feels like bee sting.

Dr. Biehler on 12/19/00 at 10:48 (035191)

Sounds like you have an injured achilies tendon insertion and mabe a subcalanial or retrocalcainial bursitis. This should be checked out by your doctor before it gets worse. He will probably want to x-ray the foot. Dr. B.

j on 12/30/00 at 22:22 (035677)

occasional sharp pain on bone below big toe. feels like bee sting.