Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

shoes and stuff.

Posted by Jay H. on 12/19/00 at 09:23 (035184)

hello, its me again..
I just have a few questions about what I should be wearing. I got the casts off which were on for 3 weeks. I then was told to wear the silly shoes that came with the cast. So I had asked about wearing shoes and my birks, and my Dr. said ok.. My feet ache, and I am lost as to what to wear.
I read somewhere that I should wear my inserts after the surgery, which I did not do. I wore the sill blue sandles/slippers (walking cast bottoms) The only time that I go bare foot is in the shower. Is that ok? What should I do? I have on Nike shoes and I wear Birks and Solomon hiking shoes. All with good support. Just continue, or get something else. I do wear my slipper/sandles in the house.

Another question for you as well. I have this electronic massager (electric shock muscle stimulator..something like that) Anyway, it massages well, and I was wondering if I can use it on my feet to releve pain or to relax? Thats it this time. I am sure that I will be back!

Great site! Keep up the good work! You are great!

jay

Re: shoes and stuff.

Dr. Biehler on 12/19/00 at 10:56 (035192)

Wear shoes that are comfortable but do not over do it so it causes pain in your feet. I would avoid using an electronic stimulator that causes your muscles to contract untill they are fatiged ( if that is what yours does ). Dr. B.

Re: shoes and stuff.

Dr. Biehler on 12/19/00 at 10:56 (035192)

Wear shoes that are comfortable but do not over do it so it causes pain in your feet. I would avoid using an electronic stimulator that causes your muscles to contract untill they are fatiged ( if that is what yours does ). Dr. B.