Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

A second treatment scheduled...

Posted by Barbara TX on 12/19/00 at 13:53 (035198)

I am finally (at 12 weeks post ESWT) going back for another orbasone treatment on January 12. So, set that zapper to 'vaporize,' and we'll have another go at this. I have very minimal improvement, but I hope a second treatment will do the trick. The nice thing about trying this a second time without the block is that I will be able to direct the good doctor right to the point of maximum pain. I am not sure of the rules of posting progress, but can I wait to post progress after a full course of three zaps, or do I have to post at 12 weeks? What's kosher? I want to give ESWT a 'three strikes and your out' chance.

My pain level is still at 6-8, and if I walk too much, its higher. Hopefully, a second treatment will knock it down, and if there is any chance that John H. will be having his third treatment, or Kate her second at the same time, I'll take them both out for a drink and we'll finally get our pain level right down to zero. B.

Re: Barb, make mine a margarita!

Kate on 12/20/00 at 13:53 (035253)

Barb,
Yes we'd like you to post results now, and then again after the third treatment. I think this is a great way to show the progress as it happens, and it will happen. I am going to get zapped again, as I'm starting to feel some of the familiar discomfort I had before. But it is less than before. The fact that my pain has decreased at all, it a sign that it will continue to decrease. And I say that as a purely professional opinion. Not just my usual perky optimism.
So, what shall we snack on this time?

Kate

Re: A second treatment scheduled...

john h on 12/22/00 at 10:55 (035303)

i am planning on a 3rd treatment barb but have not picked a date. i am hovering around a pain level of 2 to 2.5. i can live with that level if have to as i can do routine activities but i cannot run and it seems that the 3 mile walk is the point where i start going backwards. i am also going to try the treatment without the needle. the needle did not hurt but if you can do without it why not. after the 1st of the year there is a direct flight from little rock to washington/baltimore so it will be a much easier trip

Re: Barb, make mine a margarita!

Kate on 12/20/00 at 13:53 (035253)

Barb,
Yes we'd like you to post results now, and then again after the third treatment. I think this is a great way to show the progress as it happens, and it will happen. I am going to get zapped again, as I'm starting to feel some of the familiar discomfort I had before. But it is less than before. The fact that my pain has decreased at all, it a sign that it will continue to decrease. And I say that as a purely professional opinion. Not just my usual perky optimism.
So, what shall we snack on this time?

Kate

Re: A second treatment scheduled...

john h on 12/22/00 at 10:55 (035303)

i am planning on a 3rd treatment barb but have not picked a date. i am hovering around a pain level of 2 to 2.5. i can live with that level if have to as i can do routine activities but i cannot run and it seems that the 3 mile walk is the point where i start going backwards. i am also going to try the treatment without the needle. the needle did not hurt but if you can do without it why not. after the 1st of the year there is a direct flight from little rock to washington/baltimore so it will be a much easier trip