Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Spur on backside of heel behind achilles tendon

Posted by Vernon B on 12/22/00 at 08:29 (035291)

Dear Doctors:
Everything on your website deals with spurs on the bottom of the foot,
What or where can I fing help on a spur behing the achilles?
I have had 2 CWST orbasone treatments and still only about 60% improved.
I have orthopedic's in my shoes. I will try one more orbasone treatment, and then consider surgery. What kind of surgery and who has had the most sucess?
Thank you for your consideration

Vernon B

Re: Spur on backside of heel behind achilles tendon

Dr. Biehler on 12/22/00 at 09:40 (035298)

60% improvement is alot. If it seems to be working, don't rush it. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/23/00 at 18:36 (035345)

The ESWT treatment for achilles tendonitis at the insertion could take a full twelve weeks for the final results. Additional treatment could be needed. The fact that you gave improvement is a good sign. Hasit been 12 weeks.??. The sound wave is a non-surgical mechanical trauma that could take up to 12 weeks. Additonal treatment are beneficial. So don't stop now

The literature and my experience are that ESWT for your condition is very effective in 80% of chronic cases for your condition. Keep going.!!!

jane on 12/23/00 at 22:29 (035354)

I will be having a 2nd treatment in Jan. I am still seeing improvement . Sometimes I wonder if it will be necessary. I had achilles calcification. The spur on the bottom was not the source of my pain. The improvement is more recognizable if you think back to what you could due previously. My treatment was done by orbasone.I am 14 wks post. What % can I hope to obtain about 70%now?

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/25/00 at 10:37 (035381)

I have patients that are 100 % pain free. Treatment results are very individual and activity related. The fact that you are getting improvement means that the final pain free result is very possible.

Dr. Biehler on 12/22/00 at 09:40 (035298)

60% improvement is alot. If it seems to be working, don't rush it. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/23/00 at 18:36 (035345)

The ESWT treatment for achilles tendonitis at the insertion could take a full twelve weeks for the final results. Additional treatment could be needed. The fact that you gave improvement is a good sign. Hasit been 12 weeks.??. The sound wave is a non-surgical mechanical trauma that could take up to 12 weeks. Additonal treatment are beneficial. So don't stop now

The literature and my experience are that ESWT for your condition is very effective in 80% of chronic cases for your condition. Keep going.!!!

jane on 12/23/00 at 22:29 (035354)

I will be having a 2nd treatment in Jan. I am still seeing improvement . Sometimes I wonder if it will be necessary. I had achilles calcification. The spur on the bottom was not the source of my pain. The improvement is more recognizable if you think back to what you could due previously. My treatment was done by orbasone.I am 14 wks post. What % can I hope to obtain about 70%now?

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/25/00 at 10:37 (035381)

I have patients that are 100 % pain free. Treatment results are very individual and activity related. The fact that you are getting improvement means that the final pain free result is very possible.