Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

9 WEEKS POST OP UP-DATE

Posted by ABBY on 12/22/00 at 22:12 (035326)

Hi everyone. Just wanted to update you on my EPF surgery of 9 weeks. My doc says I can go back to my dance aerobics classes in a week - no lunging or squatting, however. I now only feel pain when I walk barefoot or at night when I have been on my feet alot during the day. One new thing I've noticed though if I slide both feet along the carpet, it almost feels numb or tingling on the top right underside of the foot I had surgery on. The surface of the carpet definitely has a different feel in this area of that foot than the other foot. Anyone else every experience this? Also my ankle hurts on this same foot and I haven't banged it.

Re: 9 WEEKS POST OP UP-DATE

Karin L. on 1/09/01 at 16:25 (036243)

Abby,
Have you mentioned this numbness to your Dr.? Do you have any other numbness or tingling, like in you toes? Have you been checked for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome? You will probably have some numbness just from the incision where the release was done since nerves were cut, could this be the spot you're talking about? Don't know, but thought I would offer those 2 suggestions.
Karin

Re: 9 WEEKS POST OP UP-DATE

Karin L. on 1/09/01 at 16:25 (036243)

Abby,
Have you mentioned this numbness to your Dr.? Do you have any other numbness or tingling, like in you toes? Have you been checked for Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome? You will probably have some numbness just from the incision where the release was done since nerves were cut, could this be the spot you're talking about? Don't know, but thought I would offer those 2 suggestions.
Karin