Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr Z: MY MRI's are in the mail to you. New develop.

Posted by Beverly on 12/23/00 at 14:38 (035338)

Hi Dr. Z,

I hope you have a great Christmas. I finally got my MRI reports copied and in the mail to you. They only show minor inflammation... nothing to justify my pain level. You should get them a few days after Christmas.
I am very interested in EWST. I'm especially following Barbara Tex's progress, because she has such a bad case... like me. Not liking cold weather, I'm holding out till spring/summer.

I've found I like heat better than ice... actually like the combo, but especially like heat. I may have overdone it with the heat packs. I have red Zebra stripes on the back of my leg... esp. right leg. It's an outline of how my veins run. I thought I'd caused it using the heat packs for long stretches of time. But then it did not go away. Finally, went to internist.
He called it 'modeling.' Said it may just be a benign condition, but he's taken blood to look for inflammatory conditions like Lupus and checking muscle enzymes. Much to my surprise, he didn't seem concerned about it from a vascular standpoint. He did tell me to reduce my heat to 20 minute sessions and not make it so hot. So I'm on a 'heat' diet.

I've found that I am marginally better. I'm able to be on my feet a bit longer. My only big change has been the increase in heat. Unless it is just the passing of time.
Thanks for all you do. Happy Holidays,
Beverly

Re: Dr Z: MY MRI's are in the mail to you. New develop.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/23/00 at 18:26 (035343)

Don't over do the heat. Heat causes relaxation of muscles, tendons.
It increases blood flow to the foot. Take a look at the past posts for contrast baths . That is heat, cold combination. I believe it was Alan that gave usthis very therapeutic treatment. It is an old classic standard in physical therapy medicine. So try this bid (twice daily)

Re: Dr Z: MY MRI's are in the mail to you. New develop.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/23/00 at 18:26 (035343)

Don't over do the heat. Heat causes relaxation of muscles, tendons.
It increases blood flow to the foot. Take a look at the past posts for contrast baths . That is heat, cold combination. I believe it was Alan that gave usthis very therapeutic treatment. It is an old classic standard in physical therapy medicine. So try this bid (twice daily)