Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Iontophoresis with acetic acid

Posted by BobH on 12/23/00 at 20:38 (035349)

Can anyone give me the name and phone or email of a skilled provider of Iontophoresis with acetic acid in the New England area? Experiences with that treatment would also be appreciated.

Re: Iontophoresis with acetic acid

Laurie R on 12/23/00 at 22:38 (035355)

Hi Bob,
I have had this treatment. I hate to tell you it did nothing for me. It also use to burn my foot. Just be careful.I hope it will work for you. Merry Christmas. Laurie R

BobH on 12/24/00 at 20:28 (035369)

It could be a freaky one-time phenomenon, but I tried 'Hyland's Leg Cramps with Quinine', a homeopathic medicine. After one day, there was a noiceable improvement in my PF..... and NO leg or foot cramps last night! At 100 tablets for $6.99, I'm popping them like jelly bans. Has anyone else tried them or even heard of them?They're available in some health food stores.

BobH on 12/24/00 at 20:30 (035370)

Thanks. Laurie. I wonder why journal articles play it up big.

It could be a freaky one-time phenomenon, but I tried 'Hyland's Leg Cramps with Quinine', a homeopathic medicine. After one day, there was a noiceable improvement in my PF..... and NO leg or foot cramps last night! At 100 tablets for $6.99, I'm popping them like jelly bans. Has anyone else tried them or even heard of them?They're available in some health food stores.

Linda on 12/24/00 at 21:54 (035374)

I had several ion treatments at physical therapy and sorry to report thaty thatey did not help at all!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/25/00 at 21:28 (035394)

Quinine is used for noctural nite cramps. It is a classic for nite cramps.
There was an article in the New England Journal of Medicine years ago that compared Achilles stretching with Quinine for noctural nite cramps. The conclusion was that achilles tendon stretching was as effective. In my practice the use of Quinine is very effective for noctural nite cramping in the legs. The price looks good!

Kathy on 12/26/00 at 21:53 (035428)

A little late on this post but had several Ion, treatments when i went to P.T. and sorry to report they didn't help me either.
Kathy

Laurie R on 12/23/00 at 22:38 (035355)

Hi Bob,
I have had this treatment. I hate to tell you it did nothing for me. It also use to burn my foot. Just be careful.I hope it will work for you. Merry Christmas. Laurie R

BobH on 12/24/00 at 20:28 (035369)

BobH on 12/24/00 at 20:30 (035370)

Thanks. Laurie. I wonder why journal articles play it up big.

Linda on 12/24/00 at 21:54 (035374)

I had several ion treatments at physical therapy and sorry to report thaty thatey did not help at all!!

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/25/00 at 21:28 (035394)

Quinine is used for noctural nite cramps. It is a classic for nite cramps.
There was an article in the New England Journal of Medicine years ago that compared Achilles stretching with Quinine for noctural nite cramps. The conclusion was that achilles tendon stretching was as effective. In my practice the use of Quinine is very effective for noctural nite cramping in the legs. The price looks good!

Kathy on 12/26/00 at 21:53 (035428)

A little late on this post but had several Ion, treatments when i went to P.T. and sorry to report they didn't help me either.
Kathy