Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My ESWT report --- a week late!

Posted by Kay S on 12/23/00 at 20:40 (035350)

I kept getting 'kicked off' the message board so I gave up until tonight.
I had my ESWT treatment on Dec. 14th and the other half (to both feet) on Dec. 16th. I also did it with no local and thought it was a minor irritation at worst. The folks at Dr. Z's office and Dr. Z. are just as nice and concerned and caring as they sound online, and I was extremely glad that I chose to go there rather than another Orby place. The best indicator for me was when I was sitting in the chair with my feet hanging off the ends and Dr. Z. came in and put his finger EXACTLY on the two places that hurt the most. He didn't say 'does this hurt, does that hurt?' like every other doc I have seen----HE KNEW. I was very impressed with that. And it made me feel more hopeful. I got all the same attention that Lori described, and we even got to meet on Saturday! (a face to match the foot woe!)
My progress is VERY slow, but I must say that I know I indeed AM making progress. I had a spot on my left foot that forced me to limp once in awhile, and it is enough better that I am not limping. I have noticed in this past week that I can stand for about a minute or two and not feel the need to scream. It is still painful, but a little less than before the treatment. And the best part of all of this is that mentally I feel much stronger because I am confident that I am eventually going to be able to do things that I have given up over these past five years, because I absolutely know that I am going to keep at this until my pain is minimal.
I am already planning my next visit to NJ----it should happen right around the time that we finish eating the delicious chocolates that Kate gave us.
My husband and I enjoyed our visit to the NJ area and have nothing but kudos for everyone we met.

Re: My ESWT report --- a week late!

Julie on 12/24/00 at 03:00 (035356)

Kay, it's really wonderful that you already feel the improvement from your ESWT treatment and that the whole experience was such a happy one. After five years of pain it's a thrilling breakthrough, and I'm delighted for you. Now that you've turned the corner you can look to the future - and what I perfect start for you to the new year! (and new millennium, if you believe 2001, not 2000, is the real thing).

Have a very happy Christmas and an increasingly comfortable 2001.

All good wishes, Julie

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/24/00 at 21:40 (035373)

Good to hear from you. How was the orthosis correction.? I did speak with the I believe her name was Amy. We faxed a script that was put together with the help of Richard's father-in-law. The hallux limitus is a factor for abnormal tension on the plantar fascia. The Tuff Toe orthosis could help to heal your feet. So let me knew if this can be done locally or do you how to send them to Richard.

Re: My ESWT report --- a week late!...better late than never!

Kate on 12/26/00 at 11:32 (035399)

Kay,
I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. Please continue to use heat in the morning to warm up your feet, and do only the stretching exercises that Doc suggested.
And the chocolate should be very therapeutic.
God only knows it does wonders for me.......

Have a great New Year,

Katie

Julie on 12/24/00 at 03:00 (035356)

Kay, it's really wonderful that you already feel the improvement from your ESWT treatment and that the whole experience was such a happy one. After five years of pain it's a thrilling breakthrough, and I'm delighted for you. Now that you've turned the corner you can look to the future - and what I perfect start for you to the new year! (and new millennium, if you believe 2001, not 2000, is the real thing).

Have a very happy Christmas and an increasingly comfortable 2001.

All good wishes, Julie

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/24/00 at 21:40 (035373)

Good to hear from you. How was the orthosis correction.? I did speak with the I believe her name was Amy. We faxed a script that was put together with the help of Richard's father-in-law. The hallux limitus is a factor for abnormal tension on the plantar fascia. The Tuff Toe orthosis could help to heal your feet. So let me knew if this can be done locally or do you how to send them to Richard.

Re: My ESWT report --- a week late!...better late than never!

Kate on 12/26/00 at 11:32 (035399)

Kay,
I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. Please continue to use heat in the morning to warm up your feet, and do only the stretching exercises that Doc suggested.
And the chocolate should be very therapeutic.
God only knows it does wonders for me.......

Have a great New Year,

Katie