Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Here we go again.......

Posted by IKE on 12/24/00 at 16:32 (035361)

I had a heel spur removed on my left foot back in dec. of 1996, the surgeon made a insision on the right side of my heel about 2' long, and after the healing process I was tickled to death with the results....No More Heel Pain !
Well early this spring I started having heel pain in my right foot and having gone through it once I was pretty sure of what was going on but do to it being summer and yard work to do etc I put off going back to my podiatrist till this past Tuesday, I just dug out the trusty old orthodics and have been putting up with it.
Dr. Marron took xrays of both feet and there it was just plain as day on the inside of my right heel....a spur !
I'm now scheduled for surgery at 8:00 Jan. 18th and although I'm certainly not looking forward to the operation or the healing time I am looking forward to being able to walk, jog and stand again without being in pain....wish me luck.

Re: Here we go again.......

Scott R on 12/24/00 at 17:44 (035364)

IKE, I've read that when spurs are remoed, they often come back. Did he remove a spur in your left foot? Did a spur show up on your left foot this time?

IKE on 12/25/00 at 06:24 (035376)

Scott....as I stated in my post I had a heel spur removed from my left foot in Dec. 1996 and by the looks of the xrays this week one has not grown back on that heel nor have I had any discomfort in my left foot since the surgery.
I think I seem to recall reading somewhere that folks who are flat footed or over weight are more prone to developing heel spurs than folks who are not.
Well to be honest I could stand to loose a few pounds and I'm as flat footed as a duck, when I'm barefooted and get my feet wet and then step on the dry concrete you can see the complete silhouettes of my feet, darn near no arch whatsoever.....my first surgery was a complete success and naturally I'm hoping this one will be also.

Scott R on 12/24/00 at 17:44 (035364)

IKE, I've read that when spurs are remoed, they often come back. Did he remove a spur in your left foot? Did a spur show up on your left foot this time?

IKE on 12/25/00 at 06:24 (035376)

Scott....as I stated in my post I had a heel spur removed from my left foot in Dec. 1996 and by the looks of the xrays this week one has not grown back on that heel nor have I had any discomfort in my left foot since the surgery.
I think I seem to recall reading somewhere that folks who are flat footed or over weight are more prone to developing heel spurs than folks who are not.
Well to be honest I could stand to loose a few pounds and I'm as flat footed as a duck, when I'm barefooted and get my feet wet and then step on the dry concrete you can see the complete silhouettes of my feet, darn near no arch whatsoever.....my first surgery was a complete success and naturally I'm hoping this one will be also.