Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Under the Arch Foot pain

Posted by Gordon on 12/26/00 at 12:46 (035401)

I am having terrible pain in the Arch. There is tightness also. This is the second occurence, a few weeks ago I had pain for about five days, it went away for over a week and now it is back. It is much worst this time. My feet are sort of flat but the pain is intense on the bottom of the foot where the foot area rises up between the toes and heal, I guess this is called the arch. What can I do here?

Re: Under the Arch Foot pain

Dr. Biehler on 12/26/00 at 16:45 (035414)

It sounds like you might have injurred your posterior tibial tendon/muscle. You should have it checked and treat it like a bad sprain in the mean time. Wear what ever shoes you have that give the most support to this area, ie.. sneakers. Dr. B.

Re: Under the Arch Foot pain

Dr. Biehler on 12/26/00 at 16:45 (035414)

It sounds like you might have injurred your posterior tibial tendon/muscle. You should have it checked and treat it like a bad sprain in the mean time. Wear what ever shoes you have that give the most support to this area, ie.. sneakers. Dr. B.