Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

12 days post ESWT

Posted by Kay S on 12/26/00 at 13:29 (035403)

Dr. Z--I really had a bad foot day yesterday for the first time since my tx. Is this unusual? I have been maintaining at a level of some improvement, nothing significant, but still at least going in the right direction. Yesterday I found myself losing my concentration again. (from the pain)
I have an appointment with Ann, the orthotist, for this Thursday. She is going to fix up my old orthotics so I can walk, and then I am going to send the other ones to Mike and Richard to be altered. Ann doesn't think she can do it as fast as they might be able to. I'll let you know when I mail them.
Do you think my having the second treatment at six weeks or eight weeks would be best? I am doing the PFT faithfully and only the first level. I have not worn that pad for a week either, although I can't say that it couldn't help---it just didn't stay where it belonged. Then the marks washed off and I wasn't sure what to do with it. I'll take those pads with to the orthotist's office....maybe she will know.
I don't think I overdid it, but who knows? It is a busy season and I did have more to do than usual, but tried to use common sense while doing my tasks. I'll watch for your answer.

Re: 12 days post ESWT

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/26/00 at 22:21 (035433)

It is possible to have some bad days. Rest the foot. Hot soaks. Cut back on the PFT for a few days, and no bare feet please.

Let's see how you do with the new adjusted orthosis. I would like to go into the eight week unless you are having alot of pain at the six week period. So improvement is going to be the factor to determine when to have a second treatment. If in pain six weeks. have it then . If alot of improvement then wait until week eight.

Re: 12 days post ESWT

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/26/00 at 22:21 (035433)

It is possible to have some bad days. Rest the foot. Hot soaks. Cut back on the PFT for a few days, and no bare feet please.

Let's see how you do with the new adjusted orthosis. I would like to go into the eight week unless you are having alot of pain at the six week period. So improvement is going to be the factor to determine when to have a second treatment. If in pain six weeks. have it then . If alot of improvement then wait until week eight.