Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Complications from EPF surgery

Posted by Vicki on 12/26/00 at 15:38 (035410)

Could you please tell me what are some of the complications from EPF surgery. I have been reading a lot of the messages on this board and I am trying to educate myself on this because my doctor thinks that I may need to have EPF on both feet.

Thank you

Re: Complications from EPF surgery

Dr. Biehler on 12/26/00 at 16:52 (035415)

Viki, If you are at the point where you are considering surgery on both feet, you should check out the results that ESWT can give. All surgeries have potential complications but the EPF , which can be very effective, can also cause a destabilization to the lateral side of the foot. This is usually treatable with the temporary use of a cuboid pad. I am sure you doctor will answer any questions you might have, but feel free to ask us anything you want. Dr.B.

Re: Complications from EPF surgery

Dr. Biehler on 12/26/00 at 16:52 (035415)

Viki, If you are at the point where you are considering surgery on both feet, you should check out the results that ESWT can give. All surgeries have potential complications but the EPF , which can be very effective, can also cause a destabilization to the lateral side of the foot. This is usually treatable with the temporary use of a cuboid pad. I am sure you doctor will answer any questions you might have, but feel free to ask us anything you want. Dr.B.