Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

orthopedic or podiatry PLEASE HELP

Posted by Tony D on 12/26/00 at 16:36 (035413)

Hi I'm new to the board I fractured my left heel 10 months ago and I still
have pain in my the top of my foot, heel ,and outer ankle I been to 3
pods. they all say I have p.f. All xrays and m.r.i. were o.k. I had 3
shots and they did not help. Will the shots make my condition worse ?
Should I see a othopedic? I read that a hard cast helps ? None of the
pods. said anything to me about the side affect of these injections
Would it be best if I rest this foot for a while I work on cars 8 to
12 hours a day on concrete . thanks for all your help

Re: orthopedic or podiatry PLEASE HELP

Dr. Biehler on 12/26/00 at 17:01 (035416)

Stop with the shots. If the first one did not help, then that was enough. If you fractured your heel you might be experiancing a change in the biomechanic of how your foot and ankle are working. You should have a biomechanical exam to try to find out what the cause of the problem is. In the mean time you might find some relief if you wear a pair of boots that come up high on the ankle, lace up, and have a great deal of cushioning and support inside on the bottom. These should help eleminate any eccesive motion in the joints and support the arch. Dr. B.

Pauline on 12/26/00 at 19:00 (035419)

After 10 months I do not think an opinion by an Orthopedic person could hurt. You have tried 3 pods and still remain in pain so what is one more?
Chances are it may not be your cure all but you might be closer to some answers. If your pain turns out to be Plantar Fasciitis this board will be of great value to you. Use it like your Bible---You'll find friends,
treatments, and support. In the mean time find the best Ortho in your area in Sports Medicine and make your appt. Keep a positive attitude and keep us posted.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/26/00 at 22:28 (035435)

how about trying to find a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon that has alot of experience in treating pf and or heel pain. The doctor not the degree is what you are looking for.

Dr. Biehler on 12/26/00 at 17:01 (035416)

Stop with the shots. If the first one did not help, then that was enough. If you fractured your heel you might be experiancing a change in the biomechanic of how your foot and ankle are working. You should have a biomechanical exam to try to find out what the cause of the problem is. In the mean time you might find some relief if you wear a pair of boots that come up high on the ankle, lace up, and have a great deal of cushioning and support inside on the bottom. These should help eleminate any eccesive motion in the joints and support the arch. Dr. B.

Pauline on 12/26/00 at 19:00 (035419)

After 10 months I do not think an opinion by an Orthopedic person could hurt. You have tried 3 pods and still remain in pain so what is one more?
Chances are it may not be your cure all but you might be closer to some answers. If your pain turns out to be Plantar Fasciitis this board will be of great value to you. Use it like your Bible---You'll find friends,
treatments, and support. In the mean time find the best Ortho in your area in Sports Medicine and make your appt. Keep a positive attitude and keep us posted.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/26/00 at 22:28 (035435)

how about trying to find a podiatrist or orthopedic surgeon that has alot of experience in treating pf and or heel pain. The doctor not the degree is what you are looking for.