Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

what surgery to choose.

Posted by Sally W. on 12/26/00 at 22:56 (035436)

I have recently went to a podiatrist who does not like to do surgery at all. I don't blame him, but my pain is still severe even after the orthotics.
I never knew I had a heel spur until i took a fall landing on my foot and breaking my heel....come to find out I did myself a favor (doctors words) by breaking off a heel spur. A year and a half later we find it has grown back or reattached itself and I had 2 injections of cortisone from my family doctor. I then went to a podiatrist when that didn't help and he gave me 2 more injections. The pain came back withing 10 days and it is very severe in the mornings and after any rest.
The only surgery my doctor has talked about involves being off of work for at least 3 weeks and then a total of 8 weeks before I feel normal again. This is not a very feasible option for me and I am on here looking up my options. Can you help direct me to anyone close to my home that does a less invasive procedure???
Thank you for any response you can give me.
Sincerely,
Sally Wilson
school bus driver
school cafeteria aide(3 hours daily on concrete)
Butler, Ohio

Re: what surgery to choose.

Dr. Biehler on 12/27/00 at 10:47 (035446)

Sally, The ESWT is the least invasive procedure for heel pain. If you want the surgery, contact the Academy for Ambulatory Foot Surgery ( they have a web site) and they can refer you to a local doctor. Dr. B.

Larry Ullrich on 1/03/01 at 03:55 (035835)

I have heel spurs and it is painful but most of all I have recovered from morbid obesity and now with age this is kicking in and it is highly detrimental to my mental and Physical health and I am gaining after 10 yrs of good health. Is there a surgery and how much will it cost . Who does it and can I get my hmo to kick in? I have to do something it has me giving up. Please e-mail me I am not able to get on the web!

Dr. Biehler on 12/27/00 at 10:47 (035446)

Sally, The ESWT is the least invasive procedure for heel pain. If you want the surgery, contact the Academy for Ambulatory Foot Surgery ( they have a web site) and they can refer you to a local doctor. Dr. B.

Larry Ullrich on 1/03/01 at 03:55 (035835)

I have heel spurs and it is painful but most of all I have recovered from morbid obesity and now with age this is kicking in and it is highly detrimental to my mental and Physical health and I am gaining after 10 yrs of good health. Is there a surgery and how much will it cost . Who does it and can I get my hmo to kick in? I have to do something it has me giving up. Please e-mail me I am not able to get on the web!