Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Day after my ESWT

Posted by mrbob2 on 12/27/00 at 10:26 (035444)

I got my Eswt treatment on Tuesday. It was a Ossatron in LA. The doctor and his staff were very kind and professial. I would highly recommend them. They are the Studio City Surgical Center. The Dr is Steven Smith.
I was put under with some type of wonderful drug and my foot was numbed. It is still numb today. I remember waking up in the middle because the pain was so intense. I not sure how you other pepole did it with no drugs. Since my foot is still numb i have no idea how it feels yet. I will keep you posted.

Re: Day after my ESWT

Donna S. on 12/27/00 at 13:20 (035450)

MrBob2,

Congratulations on your treatment.

I called Dr. Smith's office today in LA, because I'm considering ESWT if my PF isn't gone in several more months. I live in San Francisco.

The fee I was quoted seemed extremely high for each foot. I don't know if I should mention what I was quoted in case the person who answered the phone was wrong. I'm waiting for written info. Can you tell me what you paid, and if the fee includes any follow up treatment?

Also, any additional information would be appreciated like the doctor's background and experience in ESWT, etc. They don't seem to have an ESWT coordinator like Dr.Z.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Donna

Re: To Mrbob2 Day after my ESWT

Pauline on 12/28/00 at 10:06 (035498)

The secret is out. There are several different machines. You will find this info out by reading ESWT info on this site. I believe everyone who has had OssaTron treatments like you experienced had their foot numbed and were able to use sedation. It would be interesting to know how high the power was that they used on you.

If treatment was given by the other machines is sometimes done without medication or numbing. Please let us know your followup results.

Karin L. on 1/04/01 at 08:49 (035903)

I too had the procedure done with the OssaTron. I was heavily sedated, but my Dr. didn't do nerve block or numb it...no pain upon waking up. Maybe I was lucky!
Karin

Re: Day after my ESWT

Donna S. on 12/27/00 at 13:20 (035450)

MrBob2,

Congratulations on your treatment.

I called Dr. Smith's office today in LA, because I'm considering ESWT if my PF isn't gone in several more months. I live in San Francisco.

The fee I was quoted seemed extremely high for each foot. I don't know if I should mention what I was quoted in case the person who answered the phone was wrong. I'm waiting for written info. Can you tell me what you paid, and if the fee includes any follow up treatment?

Also, any additional information would be appreciated like the doctor's background and experience in ESWT, etc. They don't seem to have an ESWT coordinator like Dr.Z.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

Donna

Pauline on 12/28/00 at 10:06 (035498)

The secret is out. There are several different machines. You will find this info out by reading ESWT info on this site. I believe everyone who has had OssaTron treatments like you experienced had their foot numbed and were able to use sedation. It would be interesting to know how high the power was that they used on you.

If treatment was given by the other machines is sometimes done without medication or numbing. Please let us know your followup results.

Karin L. on 1/04/01 at 08:49 (035903)

I too had the procedure done with the OssaTron. I was heavily sedated, but my Dr. didn't do nerve block or numb it...no pain upon waking up. Maybe I was lucky!
Karin