Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Anyone had complications from EPF surgery?????

Posted by Vicki on 12/27/00 at 17:15 (035455)

Can anyone tell me if they have experienced any complications from EPF surgery and if so what were they and what did their doctor recommend??
Thanks!

Re: Anyone had complications from EPF surgery?????

Libby on 12/27/00 at 20:32 (035471)

I have had major complications in that before surgery my heel area just hurt now the whole bottom of my foot aches after 2 hours of walking or standing. MRI showed scar tissue from the surgery has covered up the area where plantar fascia was cut for release. Scar tissue is pulling now which hurts worse than before. I wish I had read this web site before the surgery but that was 8 years ago and no web site. I am on 2400 mg. neurontin now which makes the pain more bearable for 4 to 6 hrs. and not as much pain the next day. It used to be if I walked 6 hours, I paid for it for two days with pain like I had walked on a bed of rocks and my feet were real bruised. That is better with the neurontin. No side affects yet and have been taking it since September.

T. Hurst on 12/30/00 at 16:30 (035644)

I've had a common side effect - lateral destabilization. Please check out my history on the surgery message board, under 'Heel Surgery Patients Database'...I'm T. Hurst from KY.

Libby on 12/27/00 at 20:32 (035471)

I have had major complications in that before surgery my heel area just hurt now the whole bottom of my foot aches after 2 hours of walking or standing. MRI showed scar tissue from the surgery has covered up the area where plantar fascia was cut for release. Scar tissue is pulling now which hurts worse than before. I wish I had read this web site before the surgery but that was 8 years ago and no web site. I am on 2400 mg. neurontin now which makes the pain more bearable for 4 to 6 hrs. and not as much pain the next day. It used to be if I walked 6 hours, I paid for it for two days with pain like I had walked on a bed of rocks and my feet were real bruised. That is better with the neurontin. No side affects yet and have been taking it since September.

T. Hurst on 12/30/00 at 16:30 (035644)

I've had a common side effect - lateral destabilization. Please check out my history on the surgery message board, under 'Heel Surgery Patients Database'...I'm T. Hurst from KY.