Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ossatron...pain?

Posted by Karin L. on 12/28/00 at 11:15 (035502)

I am scheduled to have the OssaTron done tomorrow morning. I had PF release surgery in April but it didn't work. My question is how much pain can I expect after the procedure? I'm hearing that there is no pain, some pain & that the pain is horrible. Am a little scared as to how I will feel after. Any info. will help. Thanks
Karin

Re: Ossatron...pain?

Cindy K on 12/28/00 at 13:54 (035508)

Hi Karin,

I had the ossatron 13 days ago, and am doing better....most days. There will be some good and bad days. Some fantastic days. Will you be sedated? I was and I did just fine. I think you will too. The bottom of your foot will not hurt but the ankles will have some swelling and brusing (from my experence). Are you having both feet done or one. I had both feet, and was surprised that my right foot had no pain, and supported my left foot that seemed to have some pain. There was no more pain than what you probably are already going through already.

Speaking of pain, I am looking for the pain standard for PF...I know we rate ourselves 1-10 10 as being the absolute worst...but are there other standards at each level? I thought I saw it on Scott's sight, but forgot where it was. If anyone knows please let me know.

By the way, I am going out to look at the NB that you suggested. Be strong, you have already been brave to go through PF surgery, the Ossatron is a piece of cake compared to what you have already gone through.

Good Luck...and we all have our fingers crossed for you.
Cindy

Karin L. on 12/28/00 at 19:50 (035529)

Thanks Cindy! I am only having the right foot done, the left foot was diagnosed with tarsal tunnel back in March, although I have no symptons as yet. I was just diagnosed about a month ago with PF in the left so I can't have the left done until it's been 6 months. Oh well! After you had the OssaTron, did you walk out of the surgery center? I will be sedated and I think also a nerve block, but apparently I will walk out with my tennis shoes on. Was the procedure painful at all or did the sedation cover it up? I'll let you know how I do, appreciate all the positive thoughts, they help!
Karin

Cindy K on 12/28/00 at 21:21 (035534)

I was fully recovered from the sedation and slowly walked out of the center. My feet were not numb but there was some analgesic properties from the block, so there was no pain either. I think you will be plesantly surprised how well you will fell. Of course every one is unique in their experiences with drugs. I did have an RX of Darvocet to take, so I took the full dose as soon as I was instructed too....but with one foot. I did not take the pain medication for very long, but because I had both feet done, I felt it would be easier to get around if I could limit any pain sensation.

Get a good nights rest,
Cindy

Cindy K on 12/28/00 at 13:54 (035508)

Hi Karin,

I had the ossatron 13 days ago, and am doing better....most days. There will be some good and bad days. Some fantastic days. Will you be sedated? I was and I did just fine. I think you will too. The bottom of your foot will not hurt but the ankles will have some swelling and brusing (from my experence). Are you having both feet done or one. I had both feet, and was surprised that my right foot had no pain, and supported my left foot that seemed to have some pain. There was no more pain than what you probably are already going through already.

Speaking of pain, I am looking for the pain standard for PF...I know we rate ourselves 1-10 10 as being the absolute worst...but are there other standards at each level? I thought I saw it on Scott's sight, but forgot where it was. If anyone knows please let me know.

By the way, I am going out to look at the NB that you suggested. Be strong, you have already been brave to go through PF surgery, the Ossatron is a piece of cake compared to what you have already gone through.

Good Luck...and we all have our fingers crossed for you.
Cindy

Karin L. on 12/28/00 at 19:50 (035529)

Thanks Cindy! I am only having the right foot done, the left foot was diagnosed with tarsal tunnel back in March, although I have no symptons as yet. I was just diagnosed about a month ago with PF in the left so I can't have the left done until it's been 6 months. Oh well! After you had the OssaTron, did you walk out of the surgery center? I will be sedated and I think also a nerve block, but apparently I will walk out with my tennis shoes on. Was the procedure painful at all or did the sedation cover it up? I'll let you know how I do, appreciate all the positive thoughts, they help!
Karin

Cindy K on 12/28/00 at 21:21 (035534)

I was fully recovered from the sedation and slowly walked out of the center. My feet were not numb but there was some analgesic properties from the block, so there was no pain either. I think you will be plesantly surprised how well you will fell. Of course every one is unique in their experiences with drugs. I did have an RX of Darvocet to take, so I took the full dose as soon as I was instructed too....but with one foot. I did not take the pain medication for very long, but because I had both feet done, I felt it would be easier to get around if I could limit any pain sensation.

Get a good nights rest,
Cindy