Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Orbasone

Posted by Pauline on 12/28/00 at 12:07 (035506)

Can anyone tell me what exactly did the FDA say about the Orbasone?
You say it was CLEARED by the FDA not APPROVED. What exactly was it cleared for?

Calling it a Therapeutic Vibrator doesn't appear to give it much in the
way of credentials. Why are the Major Medical Centers not jumping on this lower price ESWT if it is the same as the OssaTron? If Pods can own it and use it with success why have Orthopedic Sports Medicine centers not jumped on the band wagon for this cheaper device?

Re: Orbasone

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/28/00 at 21:40 (035536)

Very simple . They are no more orbasones for sale until the FDA and Norland Medical and the Healthronic decide what classification the orbasone should be.

The FDA now has to find a solution to this problem. Your have Norland Medical who wants to distribute the orbasone to alot of sites for a low fair price and then we have the ossatron which has already spent millions to do studies which have already been done in Europe and Canada.

I have stated this before . If the FDA concludes that the orbasone has to be a class three. device., then you will now be paying 6,000 or more for ESWT .

You the public had better hope that the FDA can find a fair solution that benefits you the public because you are going to pay in the end the price tag that the ossatron is asking. What is the price now 6,000 or is it 7,000

So you better start asking a different question. How can ESWT be distributes to the public at a fair price that every one not just the rich
can afford.

I want to make this clear . I don't work for any company. I just support the field the of ESWT and hope that the technology can be made available at a price that joe average public can afford.

My gut feeling isn't good. You are going to be paying high prices for a long time.
I am glad that I don't have pf and have to make a decision based on a price tag of 6000-7000 dollars.

Re: Orbasone

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/28/00 at 21:40 (035536)

Very simple . They are no more orbasones for sale until the FDA and Norland Medical and the Healthronic decide what classification the orbasone should be.

The FDA now has to find a solution to this problem. Your have Norland Medical who wants to distribute the orbasone to alot of sites for a low fair price and then we have the ossatron which has already spent millions to do studies which have already been done in Europe and Canada.

I have stated this before . If the FDA concludes that the orbasone has to be a class three. device., then you will now be paying 6,000 or more for ESWT .

You the public had better hope that the FDA can find a fair solution that benefits you the public because you are going to pay in the end the price tag that the ossatron is asking. What is the price now 6,000 or is it 7,000

So you better start asking a different question. How can ESWT be distributes to the public at a fair price that every one not just the rich
can afford.

I want to make this clear . I don't work for any company. I just support the field the of ESWT and hope that the technology can be made available at a price that joe average public can afford.

My gut feeling isn't good. You are going to be paying high prices for a long time.
I am glad that I don't have pf and have to make a decision based on a price tag of 6000-7000 dollars.