Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

"The Good Feet Store"

Posted by Holly on 12/28/00 at 14:37 (035510)

I was wondering if others with Plantar Faciitis have gone to 'The Good Feet Store' and purchased the Alznner orthotic. I went yesterday and was given the sales pitch. I tried them and they're quite severe but, according to the salesman, they worked 98% of the time. I have had PF for about 6 months, have had 3 injections and now am at the point of getting perscription orthotics. The Alznner orthotics are about half the cost of the perscription ones my podiatrist will make for me. If you've had experience with this store (apparently there are many around the country), and/or with this product, please let me know what you think. Thanks very much.

Re: "The Good Feet Store"

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/29/00 at 03:02 (035555)

I have no experience with this product but the powersteps sold on this site have given alot of relief to my patients. This is a product that sells for $35 (???) with a thirty day money back guarantee. I would take a look and give it a try. This could help you alot.

I want to make sure you understand this . I make no money from talking about this product or recommending this product. I just know and use this product in my office.

I hope this helps you.

Barbara TX on 12/29/00 at 09:12 (035557)

I see commercials for this product all the time, and the claims are a little outrageous for a one-shape-fits-all orthotic (I believe that they are hard plastic). You mentioned them as being 'severe.' If they hurt when you walk around the store in them, they are just going to keep hurting when you bring them home. If they don't offer a money-back gaurantee, don't buy them! B.

Holly on 12/29/00 at 13:35 (035569)

I referred to the Alznner arch supports as severe because they were quite painful. It was like having a tennis ball under my arch. The salesman said that the high arch of the support transferred the center of gravity to the arch instead of being on the heel or ball of the foot. He described this as being the correct way for the center of gravity to be. I pronate in and he said these arch supports will correct that, center my weight, align my hips and spine, take the pressure off my heel (which hurts, too, as well as the arch) and stretch out the plantar facsia. There is a break in period beginning with just 30 minutes a day where you work into them. I guess he was a good salesman because it all sounded plausible to me. He even pushed me back and forth while standing in them and while standing in my Spenco arch supports to show me that I was more stable while wearing the Alznners. From looking at the picture on this web site of the Powersteps, they don't appear to have as high an arch as the Alznners. What is correct? A high, severe arch that you work into or a lower one like my Spencos (which only help a little). Thanks.

JudyS on 12/29/00 at 13:49 (035570)

Yes, Holly, I've used the Alzner's. I was going to a chiropractor for awhile last summer and he was selling them. I'll admit that I was willing to try snake oil by then and, against my better judgement, I bought some. I also succumbed to his sales pressure - he intimated that his treatments would be for naught if I didn't also use the Alzner's.
Once I tried wearing them, what you call the 'severity' of them was what my better judgement said was gonna be problematic. The chiro said that 'regular' orthotics did nothing but support current problems, but the Alzner's actually changed the structure and stride of the foot (hence it's severity). My better judgement told me that I had no business trying to change the structure of my foot. I used them on and off for several weeks but didn't continue. They may or may not have eventually been effective but I chose not to stick with them to find out.
One huge problem with PF is that, when it's at it's height, just about anything seems to exacerbate it. That's why we all try so many things for such relatively short times. The inflammation is such that we can never really tell if something is helping or hurting.
Anyway, my Alzner's are for a size 7, womens, and I'll be glad to send them to you if you want them.

Holly on 12/29/00 at 16:08 (035577)

Judy, thanks for sharing your experience. They are so severe that it seems impossible to me that one would ever get used to them, especially with the PF pain in full force already. My foot is a 6 1/2, so the size 7 Alznners would probably be too big. But thank you for the offer. It is really hard to know what to do at this point. Lots of pain and no clear answers.

Holly on 12/29/00 at 18:07 (035589)

Judy, you are so kind. I guess it would be worth a try. I sent you my address in an email to your regular email address. You can reply to me at the address I sent it from (work) or you can reply to my personal email address of hfrank@fix.net . Thank you so much!

Mary Ann on 1/13/01 at 17:55 (036566)

Holly, have you tried the Alznerr's? How is it working out?

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/29/00 at 03:02 (035555)

I have no experience with this product but the powersteps sold on this site have given alot of relief to my patients. This is a product that sells for $35 (???) with a thirty day money back guarantee. I would take a look and give it a try. This could help you alot.

I want to make sure you understand this . I make no money from talking about this product or recommending this product. I just know and use this product in my office.

I hope this helps you.

Barbara TX on 12/29/00 at 09:12 (035557)

I see commercials for this product all the time, and the claims are a little outrageous for a one-shape-fits-all orthotic (I believe that they are hard plastic). You mentioned them as being 'severe.' If they hurt when you walk around the store in them, they are just going to keep hurting when you bring them home. If they don't offer a money-back gaurantee, don't buy them! B.

Holly on 12/29/00 at 13:35 (035569)

I referred to the Alznner arch supports as severe because they were quite painful. It was like having a tennis ball under my arch. The salesman said that the high arch of the support transferred the center of gravity to the arch instead of being on the heel or ball of the foot. He described this as being the correct way for the center of gravity to be. I pronate in and he said these arch supports will correct that, center my weight, align my hips and spine, take the pressure off my heel (which hurts, too, as well as the arch) and stretch out the plantar facsia. There is a break in period beginning with just 30 minutes a day where you work into them. I guess he was a good salesman because it all sounded plausible to me. He even pushed me back and forth while standing in them and while standing in my Spenco arch supports to show me that I was more stable while wearing the Alznners. From looking at the picture on this web site of the Powersteps, they don't appear to have as high an arch as the Alznners. What is correct? A high, severe arch that you work into or a lower one like my Spencos (which only help a little). Thanks.

JudyS on 12/29/00 at 13:49 (035570)

Yes, Holly, I've used the Alzner's. I was going to a chiropractor for awhile last summer and he was selling them. I'll admit that I was willing to try snake oil by then and, against my better judgement, I bought some. I also succumbed to his sales pressure - he intimated that his treatments would be for naught if I didn't also use the Alzner's.
Once I tried wearing them, what you call the 'severity' of them was what my better judgement said was gonna be problematic. The chiro said that 'regular' orthotics did nothing but support current problems, but the Alzner's actually changed the structure and stride of the foot (hence it's severity). My better judgement told me that I had no business trying to change the structure of my foot. I used them on and off for several weeks but didn't continue. They may or may not have eventually been effective but I chose not to stick with them to find out.
One huge problem with PF is that, when it's at it's height, just about anything seems to exacerbate it. That's why we all try so many things for such relatively short times. The inflammation is such that we can never really tell if something is helping or hurting.
Anyway, my Alzner's are for a size 7, womens, and I'll be glad to send them to you if you want them.

Holly on 12/29/00 at 16:08 (035577)

Judy, thanks for sharing your experience. They are so severe that it seems impossible to me that one would ever get used to them, especially with the PF pain in full force already. My foot is a 6 1/2, so the size 7 Alznners would probably be too big. But thank you for the offer. It is really hard to know what to do at this point. Lots of pain and no clear answers.

Holly on 12/29/00 at 18:07 (035589)

Judy, you are so kind. I guess it would be worth a try. I sent you my address in an email to your regular email address. You can reply to me at the address I sent it from (work) or you can reply to my personal email address of hfrank@fix.net . Thank you so much!

Mary Ann on 1/13/01 at 17:55 (036566)

Holly, have you tried the Alznerr's? How is it working out?