Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

spurs

Posted by Sandy D. on 12/28/00 at 20:38 (035533)

Will too much calcium increase the incidence of spurs?

Re: spurs

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/28/00 at 22:30 (035541)

No,

The calification that is caused by plantar fasciitis is due to micro tears of the pf at the insertion

Sophia on 1/01/01 at 16:07 (035767)

I have very bad pain, can't put weight on my foot and even after sleeping it is bad. I am being xrayed and dopplered tomorrow at hospital, because my dr. wants to be sure what this pain is. It hurts lege sometimes even up the leg. Can a heel spur hurt that bad. Naturally I am in bad need to lose weight, about 40 lbs, will that help. Dr. says it looks like my foot dropped too. It is more flatter that it used to be.

I have hard orthodics, but it hurts still, and only helps somewhat. They move too, which is a pain. Any suggestions?

I heard that there is organic ans well as inorganic calcium, and only organic calcium is good for you, and should not be absorbed in spots on heel etc. What do you recommend and what can you comment on?

Sophia

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/01/01 at 19:52 (035780)

You are doing the right steps , Check the circulation. You may have a torn posterior tendon if the arch has dropped. This is one of the classic signs of posterior tibial tendon tear or dysfunction which is the lowering and or droppoing of the arch.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/28/00 at 22:30 (035541)

No,

The calification that is caused by plantar fasciitis is due to micro tears of the pf at the insertion

Sophia on 1/01/01 at 16:07 (035767)

I have very bad pain, can't put weight on my foot and even after sleeping it is bad. I am being xrayed and dopplered tomorrow at hospital, because my dr. wants to be sure what this pain is. It hurts lege sometimes even up the leg. Can a heel spur hurt that bad. Naturally I am in bad need to lose weight, about 40 lbs, will that help. Dr. says it looks like my foot dropped too. It is more flatter that it used to be.

I have hard orthodics, but it hurts still, and only helps somewhat. They move too, which is a pain. Any suggestions?

I heard that there is organic ans well as inorganic calcium, and only organic calcium is good for you, and should not be absorbed in spots on heel etc. What do you recommend and what can you comment on?

Sophia

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/01/01 at 19:52 (035780)

You are doing the right steps , Check the circulation. You may have a torn posterior tendon if the arch has dropped. This is one of the classic signs of posterior tibial tendon tear or dysfunction which is the lowering and or droppoing of the arch.