Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

What is on my heel?

Posted by MegenL on 12/29/00 at 10:51 (035560)

I recently bought a new pair of shoes. After wearing these shoes for a day I realized that my right foot hurt. Normally I don't pay too much attention to my feet except maintenance, but when I took my shoes off I noticed that on my right heel I have a knot . It is about as round as a quarter and doesn't hurt when I press it, but it is sticking out like a small ball under my skin. When I wear tight shoes I also notice that my right foot feels like it is going to sleep a lot more, whether I am standing or sitting down. I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem, but I would like to know if anyone out there has. I have worn different shoes since and it is still there. I am not sure how long I have had this and not realized it until I wore those new shoes. Please let me know what this sounds like to you!

Thanks.

Re: What is on my heel?

Dr. Biehler on 12/29/00 at 13:50 (035571)

A solid lump on the back of your heel ( more to the bac outer side ) could be what is called a haglunds bump or pump bump. Most people don't notice them untill they become sore from a shoe rubbing on it.When the foot feels like it is fallling asleep it is because of a nerve being compressed somewhere or the shoes being to tight. Remember the feet swell durring the day. Dr. B.

Re: What is on my heel?

Dr. Biehler on 12/29/00 at 13:50 (035571)

A solid lump on the back of your heel ( more to the bac outer side ) could be what is called a haglunds bump or pump bump. Most people don't notice them untill they become sore from a shoe rubbing on it.When the foot feels like it is fallling asleep it is because of a nerve being compressed somewhere or the shoes being to tight. Remember the feet swell durring the day. Dr. B.