Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Fibromyalgia Foot

Posted by Penny Kirchoff on 12/29/00 at 15:58 (035574)

In 1997 I was told I had planter fasitis. I was gived shots, wraps, and ultrasound. None in which helped my feet. I have Fibromyalgia. I have read that there is a Fibromyalgia Foot. Can you doctors tell me what I can ask of my doctor to do with this situation? After about 2 to 2 1/2 hours on my feet, they swell, are very painful, and if I don't get off of them, I may not beable to walk for a few hours. Please ANY info. in which I can talk to my doctor about would be helpful.

Re: Fibromyalgia Foot

Dr. Biehler on 12/29/00 at 18:38 (035592)

I feel fibromyalgia is a specialty all to itself or should be. If there is swelling in the feet you might want to have your vascular status checked and possibly the use of compression socks might help control the symptoms. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/30/00 at 15:05 (035637)

This is a very tough situation. First listen to what Dr. Biehler states about a circulation problem. If this is ok. and all other possible reason have been ruled out and this is indeed fibomyalgia showing it's ulgy face in your feet. I would start a swimming program as soon as possible with the arthritis foundation.

I have treated pf and heel spur in fibromyalgic patients with steriod injections and all of the rest of the good things that either don't work or don't last. I have a patient right now that I am using ESWT for this pf associated fibrimyalgic foot. Too soon to tell.

So my advice is swimming in nice hot pool water. The local YMCA will have an arthritic problem usually. Good luck

Dr. Biehler on 12/29/00 at 18:38 (035592)

I feel fibromyalgia is a specialty all to itself or should be. If there is swelling in the feet you might want to have your vascular status checked and possibly the use of compression socks might help control the symptoms. Dr. B.

Dr. Zuckerman on 12/30/00 at 15:05 (035637)

This is a very tough situation. First listen to what Dr. Biehler states about a circulation problem. If this is ok. and all other possible reason have been ruled out and this is indeed fibomyalgia showing it's ulgy face in your feet. I would start a swimming program as soon as possible with the arthritis foundation.

I have treated pf and heel spur in fibromyalgic patients with steriod injections and all of the rest of the good things that either don't work or don't last. I have a patient right now that I am using ESWT for this pf associated fibrimyalgic foot. Too soon to tell.

So my advice is swimming in nice hot pool water. The local YMCA will have an arthritic problem usually. Good luck