Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does losing weight help?

Posted by Melissa E on 12/30/00 at 17:17 (035648)

In the last six months, I've been weight training. I did this in hopes of losing weight and becoming physically fit. I don't lift heavy weights - normally 35 lbs on the leg exercises. I have not lost weight, but I have not changed my eating habits yet. That is my next step. I have experienced more strentgh and had more energy. Unfortunately, I'm also having more foot pain. In the last 2 months, I've experienced severe pain when I stand on my feet after being off of them for a either a short or long period of time. After I'm up a few minutes, the pain subsides. I had no idea what was wrong until my brother suggested I might have heel spurs. That suggestion led me to this website. After reading the symptons, I feel sure I have heel spurs. I do plan on going to the doctor, but I am wondering if I lose weight will the pain go away?

Re: Does losing weight help?

DR. Biehler on 12/30/00 at 18:31 (035652)

If you lose weight it may or may may help. There are alot of people that are over their ideal weight and do not have a plantar fascia problem although the more weight a person has can have its effect on the fascia. Dr. B.

Re: Does losing weight help?

DR. Biehler on 12/30/00 at 18:31 (035652)

If you lose weight it may or may may help. There are alot of people that are over their ideal weight and do not have a plantar fascia problem although the more weight a person has can have its effect on the fascia. Dr. B.