Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Does your insurance pay for ESWT???

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 12/31/00 at 11:25 (035703)

FIrst of all I now can see my screen on my computer. I hope that every one can read and the spelling isn't too bad. I took my laptop into the other room. The sun was coming into the room where we have no curtains. Could some one make curtains or tell my wife to put curtain up. It is a great study but no curtain in this room anyway.

How about having a subsection or expansion on the ESWT board. It would list
all the insurance companies that are paying for ESWT and what they are paying for ESWT. This way readers to this board could have this information to show and use to help in covering their procedure.

So this is just a idea please tell me what you think. I am going to e-mail a copy of this to Scott. Sorry Scott I know this could mean more work but it would be a great service to this board. Just an idea what do you think

So we would have a list of insurance companies that have paid, maybe the amounts. the code that was used. and any comments. This information could be used by patients that are considering ESWT and are tying to get insurance companies to pay.

Re: Does your insurance pay for ESWT???

Paul M. on 12/31/00 at 12:09 (035706)

This is an excellent idea. It might even help to induce the insurance companies to pay. To show them that others are, to be able to quote to your company what other companies are paying. What better inducement....if we can only get a few to pay...

Re: Make it a new question to the ESWT database

Scott R on 12/31/00 at 13:09 (035707)

That's a great idea Dr. Z. This insurance thing is the sort of thing I need to get others in the ESWT field interested and supportive of heelspurs.com. Right now Dr. Z and Dr. B are the only ones in the ESWT field who help heelspurs.com (although there is another who is kind of anonymous).

I'm making it part of the ESWT patient tracking database. The only problem is that except for Dr. Z not very many people are using the database. But I made a recent improvement so that hopefully more people will start using it.

I'm thinking of making the ESWT message board where it will email a list of folks every morning the list of messages that were posted the day before (with links for replying). I imagine those in the business would sign up for the list and be more aware of and reply more often to stuff going on here.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/01/01 at 19:49 (035779)

Another solution is too hide under the desk during the day, when I am at home. Or wait until its dark. Right now it is dark so I guess I can't complain any more to my wife. She told me to just wear sun glasses

Paul M. on 12/31/00 at 12:09 (035706)

This is an excellent idea. It might even help to induce the insurance companies to pay. To show them that others are, to be able to quote to your company what other companies are paying. What better inducement....if we can only get a few to pay...

Re: Make it a new question to the ESWT database

Scott R on 12/31/00 at 13:09 (035707)

That's a great idea Dr. Z. This insurance thing is the sort of thing I need to get others in the ESWT field interested and supportive of heelspurs.com. Right now Dr. Z and Dr. B are the only ones in the ESWT field who help heelspurs.com (although there is another who is kind of anonymous).

I'm making it part of the ESWT patient tracking database. The only problem is that except for Dr. Z not very many people are using the database. But I made a recent improvement so that hopefully more people will start using it.

I'm thinking of making the ESWT message board where it will email a list of folks every morning the list of messages that were posted the day before (with links for replying). I imagine those in the business would sign up for the list and be more aware of and reply more often to stuff going on here.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/01/01 at 19:49 (035779)

Another solution is too hide under the desk during the day, when I am at home. Or wait until its dark. Right now it is dark so I guess I can't complain any more to my wife. She told me to just wear sun glasses