Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

tried again........

Posted by JudyS on 1/03/01 at 21:59 (035888)

well I've been wearing my orthotics in my Reeboks for the last couple of days. This because I've been wearing clogs exclusively and I really want to get back in to runners. Anyway, this current 'experiment' is a failure. I have very sore feet so out go these orthotics. But this is actually OK. I see my Pod on Friday and he and I both agreed to experiment with the orthotics. I actually really think I need some kind of orthotics but I'm beginning to think they should be made of the softest cotton available!

Re: tried again........Me too... new orthodics digging into arch

Beverly on 1/07/01 at 17:09 (036092)

Judy,

I sure do feel for you. I too have new orthodics. This is probably my last try at this (3rd time). I just got them. I can barely stand them, and before I left the clinic they got adjusted twice. The arch is digging into my arches - even after adjustements. I'm going to get them adjusted again before I leave town for my move. These are soft orthodics. I really wish I could find something that works. Nancy S. tells me to keep getting them adjusted and not give up yet. I don't have a good feeling about this set.
They are made out of crepe. The heel does not feel firm enough and the arch feels too extreme. I wish someone would duplicate the classic Birk cork footbed into a custom orthodic that fits in different kinds of shoes. I've yet to find anything that out does my Birks. My next best remain over the counter full length Spenco arch suports. I'm most envious of people who like their orthodics!
Good luck,
Beverly

Re: tried again........Me too... new orthodics digging into arch

Beverly on 1/07/01 at 17:09 (036092)

Judy,

I sure do feel for you. I too have new orthodics. This is probably my last try at this (3rd time). I just got them. I can barely stand them, and before I left the clinic they got adjusted twice. The arch is digging into my arches - even after adjustements. I'm going to get them adjusted again before I leave town for my move. These are soft orthodics. I really wish I could find something that works. Nancy S. tells me to keep getting them adjusted and not give up yet. I don't have a good feeling about this set.
They are made out of crepe. The heel does not feel firm enough and the arch feels too extreme. I wish someone would duplicate the classic Birk cork footbed into a custom orthodic that fits in different kinds of shoes. I've yet to find anything that out does my Birks. My next best remain over the counter full length Spenco arch suports. I'm most envious of people who like their orthodics!
Good luck,
Beverly