Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Nuroma

Posted by Venki on 1/05/01 at 18:31 (035993)

Hi Evry1,

One of my friend had a big lump under the toe and it was told by doctor as nuroma.She had the same problems twice earlier and she also had surgery for that.This was the third time she got and she had surgery for that this time also.I dunno what's Nuroma and why is that growing again and again.She has surgery for that 4 months back and still she is not able to walk.She is having too much pain and she feels the pain is more after surgery and still she feels the lump there.

Initially after surgery for one or 2 months all her toes were num and still she feels she is not all better.Initially doc has told it might take 4-6months to heal completely but after 4 motnhs still she is having same pain only.She did therapy and all.It didn't help her.Recently she went again to doc and he has given some insertion to keep inside her shoe to relieve of the pressure to some extent.He has told now it will take another 10-12months to cure.

Can any1 help me what she should do?whats that nuroma?Does that comes heriditary,cuz her mom was prone to tumors.What treatment she should do now?She has to go for work also with that and she has to drive her car also.Since it is on her right foot she is having prob with driving also cuz it puts lot of pressure on her foot when driving.Can any Doctor plz help me out on this.I want to see her Happy...

Thanks evry1

Re: Nuroma

Dr. Biehler on 1/06/01 at 16:28 (036033)

A neroma is an enlargerd/ irritated nerve. It can treated several different ways; removed surgicaly, reduced with sclerosing injections, the cause of the presure that irritated the nerve can be removed surgicaly, and sometimes felt pads on the bottom of the foot can help separate the bones that are irritating the nerve. Once the nerve is removed surgical, it is gone. The stump of the nerve that is left, if it becomes pain full, can be treated and disolved with sclerosoing injections. You might want to consider an MRI and sonagram to find out what is realy going on in that foot. Dr. B.

Re: Nuroma

Dr. Biehler on 1/06/01 at 16:28 (036033)

A neroma is an enlargerd/ irritated nerve. It can treated several different ways; removed surgicaly, reduced with sclerosing injections, the cause of the presure that irritated the nerve can be removed surgicaly, and sometimes felt pads on the bottom of the foot can help separate the bones that are irritating the nerve. Once the nerve is removed surgical, it is gone. The stump of the nerve that is left, if it becomes pain full, can be treated and disolved with sclerosoing injections. You might want to consider an MRI and sonagram to find out what is realy going on in that foot. Dr. B.