Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

RSD

Posted by Chris B. on 1/07/01 at 09:34 (036068)

I wish that my questions only had to do with foot pain. Mine is still there but that is the furthest concern that I have now. My legs have not shown any improvement, but I continue with PT. He can't tell me how long it will take to go away, but is staying optomistic. I have really had a long week of feeling very depressed. I even quit swimming but he made me promise to start back this week-end. If I didn't have my students at school to take my mind off of it, I don't know what I would do. I do realize that when I am busy, it is easier to handle. I have been looking for a good board to help me for this problem like the one here has helped for my feet. Do you know of any? Also, any advice on what else I should be doing? I go to the Orthopedic surgeon on the 15th. Will he have any help for me?

Re: RSD

wendyn on 1/07/01 at 11:01 (036071)

Chris - I am not a doctor. Depression and frustration is a very common problem here - please feel free to join us on the social/support board - there are a lot of people there with problems in addition to their feet. You will find a lot of people who care, even if we don't have all the answers.

Kay S on 1/07/01 at 15:14 (036080)

Chris---have you been diagnosed with RSD??? Maybe somewhere along the way I missed your post about that. Please tell us what is going on if you can.
A lot of us truly understand your frustration. Sometimes it is all so overwhelming that you wish it was like a job you could just quit. But pain is not like that, unfortunately, and those of us who have it will be glad to listen to any complaining, bitching, griping, tirades, etc. that you want to throw at us. We will encourage you not to give up hope. Let all of us help. Please.
Kay

Chris B. on 1/10/01 at 06:59 (036284)

Thanks Kay and Wendyn for your support. Yes, I have been diagnosed with RSD, but the PT feels that we got to it soon enough that it won't be a problem. I have been going to PT for a month now and the pain has spread from my right knee and thigh to my left leg. I thought it was going down into both legs last week, but haven't noticed it there this week. In fact, this is a good week so far. =) BUT my heel pain is much more severe now which could be that I am beginning to walk normally again. My history is in the surgery postings because I was scheduled to have surgery on my right foot mid Nov., and then I fell down our stairs Nov 1st and we had to cancel the foot (which I haven't even noticed through all the other). I am to swim everyday to keep movement going. It has all been so painful and confusing. Last week I thought I was going nuts! Anyway, I see the Orthopedic surgeon this afternoon and am off to swim.

Kay S on 1/10/01 at 09:37 (036301)

Chris--have you been to a pain clinic for the RSD? Please consider doing this if you haven't already. Rsd is a very serious thing and requires expert medical attention. Docs who specialize in pain control probably know the most about this because those are the patients they see the most.
First I read that Dana fx her ankle in the middle of having pf, and now I read about you falling down the stairs. I am almost afraid to read the rest of the postings. Keep us informed of your progress.
Kay

wendyn on 1/07/01 at 11:01 (036071)

Chris - I am not a doctor. Depression and frustration is a very common problem here - please feel free to join us on the social/support board - there are a lot of people there with problems in addition to their feet. You will find a lot of people who care, even if we don't have all the answers.

Kay S on 1/07/01 at 15:14 (036080)

Chris---have you been diagnosed with RSD??? Maybe somewhere along the way I missed your post about that. Please tell us what is going on if you can.
A lot of us truly understand your frustration. Sometimes it is all so overwhelming that you wish it was like a job you could just quit. But pain is not like that, unfortunately, and those of us who have it will be glad to listen to any complaining, bitching, griping, tirades, etc. that you want to throw at us. We will encourage you not to give up hope. Let all of us help. Please.
Kay

Chris B. on 1/10/01 at 06:59 (036284)

Thanks Kay and Wendyn for your support. Yes, I have been diagnosed with RSD, but the PT feels that we got to it soon enough that it won't be a problem. I have been going to PT for a month now and the pain has spread from my right knee and thigh to my left leg. I thought it was going down into both legs last week, but haven't noticed it there this week. In fact, this is a good week so far. =) BUT my heel pain is much more severe now which could be that I am beginning to walk normally again. My history is in the surgery postings because I was scheduled to have surgery on my right foot mid Nov., and then I fell down our stairs Nov 1st and we had to cancel the foot (which I haven't even noticed through all the other). I am to swim everyday to keep movement going. It has all been so painful and confusing. Last week I thought I was going nuts! Anyway, I see the Orthopedic surgeon this afternoon and am off to swim.

Kay S on 1/10/01 at 09:37 (036301)

Chris--have you been to a pain clinic for the RSD? Please consider doing this if you haven't already. Rsd is a very serious thing and requires expert medical attention. Docs who specialize in pain control probably know the most about this because those are the patients they see the most.
First I read that Dana fx her ankle in the middle of having pf, and now I read about you falling down the stairs. I am almost afraid to read the rest of the postings. Keep us informed of your progress.
Kay