Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

23 days post Ossatron

Posted by Cindy K on 1/07/01 at 10:32 (036069)

Thank you Scott for keeping this site moving and shakin! It has been 23 days post ossatron on both feet. I returned back to work last Tuesday, Jan 2nd. My intention was to work part time, for we have hard floors....but I ended up working my usual 8-10 hour days. The first two days were difficult, I tried to sit whenever possible and made a concertied effort not to lift heavy items. I did my PF exercises, and sat in a hot tub every night. This seems to be a ritual now. In the morning I massage my feet before I get up and start walking. This weekend I have stayed home and limited my activity to just light house work...and rest.

It seems as if the PF is returning...during the work week, I had a couple of good days where I was not using a cane, and could get around pretty good. This weekend, with all the rest, the pain level is creaping up to a 4, eventhough my standing barefooted has not been painful at all. I sometimes wonder if I could just get a bit more cushion on the back of the heel of my shoe things would be much better.

I have been wearing NB851's with my hard plastic orthotics. I have been losing weight....lost 6 lbs since surgery (23 days ago)....and have made that my adventure this year.

Since that time, I am addicted to this site. Better this site than ice cream 8-}!! My husband threatened to take me off line...but because classes have not started yet, I have a little bit of time to read and learn more about PF. I have not changed my patient progress yet, because I know I am still at the healing stage of Ossatron. I am keeping my fingers crossed that just the change of activity was minor set back. Martha B. has been a great help in sharing that there are several set backs after this procedure so not to dispare. I keep that in the back of my mind every day.

I'd like to hear from some of the other Ossatron recovery stories...I know there are several of you out there that just had the txmt....please let me know how you are doing, your success and struggles give me courage.

I'll be watching. Classes start up on the 16th of this month....I am excited yet nervous about the added work my feet will have to endure. Oh well, one day at a time...and face it as it comes.

Cindy K.

Re: 23 days post Ossatron

Karin L. on 1/08/01 at 10:03 (036141)

Cindy,
Sorry to hear that you are having a set back. I too had the OssaTron 10 days ago. I am a stay at home Mom but am constantly on my feet. Since the procedure I have tried to stay off my feet as much as possible...not very easy, but I'm trying. At times my foot aches, but I really don't have pain when I walk or first thing in the morning. From what I have been reading, there seem to be good days & bad but these seem to be from those that had other machines used, not so much with the OssaTron. I don't really know why that is, maybe higher frequency. I too wish there more of us that had the OssaTron so we could compare notes. So far I guess I am lucky & only hope that this is all it takes, but there isn't much reassurance out there. Where did you have your treatment with the OssaTron? From what I have read, one procedure is all that is necessary, but I could be wrong. Glad to hear you like the 851's, they are my favorite too!
Karin

Cindy K. on 1/08/01 at 19:56 (036180)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Karin. I sure hope that this is the ticket for pain free feet. I had the Txmt done in Houston..I live in Baton Rouge, La...about 5 hour trip. I am already planing to have the txmt done a second time if the first does not do the trick. I guess if anything, that is the blessing of EWST because it can be done more than once. If I had PF cutdown surgery that is a bit more retrictive and gives no other options. But before I cave into surgery, I will go one more time for antoher txment. I guess I just need to settle down and give it more time. Just like a true American no patence one everything to happen now.

Thanks Lee for your experience as well. It helps to hear what others have gone through...good or bad...just to understand where I am with my pain and what can be expected. Three weeks eh....what more could you have done....

Cindy

Karin L. on 1/09/01 at 12:33 (036232)

Cindy,
Did you say you had the treatment with the OssaTron or the Orbasone? I know that 2 or more treatments are usually necessary in this fight with PF, but haven't heard that about the OssaTron. Think twice about the PF release surgery. I had it last April along with TTS & my pain went away...for all of 2 months & then reared its ugly head with more intense pain. Thank goodness I found this site & brought it to my Dr.'s attention. His office was one of the first 6 sites in the states to have the OssaTron. I was actually his first pt. for the procedure. Hey, somebody has to be first & I trust him completely!! I just had the OssaTron procedure 10 days ago & as of right now, am completely pain free. Just keeping my fingers crossed. Hope this helps, I'm not an expert, but have a medical background & I would recomment the OssaTron to anyone out there over surgery. Good luck.
Karin

Karin L. on 1/08/01 at 10:03 (036141)

Cindy,
Sorry to hear that you are having a set back. I too had the OssaTron 10 days ago. I am a stay at home Mom but am constantly on my feet. Since the procedure I have tried to stay off my feet as much as possible...not very easy, but I'm trying. At times my foot aches, but I really don't have pain when I walk or first thing in the morning. From what I have been reading, there seem to be good days & bad but these seem to be from those that had other machines used, not so much with the OssaTron. I don't really know why that is, maybe higher frequency. I too wish there more of us that had the OssaTron so we could compare notes. So far I guess I am lucky & only hope that this is all it takes, but there isn't much reassurance out there. Where did you have your treatment with the OssaTron? From what I have read, one procedure is all that is necessary, but I could be wrong. Glad to hear you like the 851's, they are my favorite too!
Karin

Cindy K. on 1/08/01 at 19:56 (036180)

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Karin. I sure hope that this is the ticket for pain free feet. I had the Txmt done in Houston..I live in Baton Rouge, La...about 5 hour trip. I am already planing to have the txmt done a second time if the first does not do the trick. I guess if anything, that is the blessing of EWST because it can be done more than once. If I had PF cutdown surgery that is a bit more retrictive and gives no other options. But before I cave into surgery, I will go one more time for antoher txment. I guess I just need to settle down and give it more time. Just like a true American no patence one everything to happen now.

Thanks Lee for your experience as well. It helps to hear what others have gone through...good or bad...just to understand where I am with my pain and what can be expected. Three weeks eh....what more could you have done....

Cindy

Karin L. on 1/09/01 at 12:33 (036232)

Cindy,
Did you say you had the treatment with the OssaTron or the Orbasone? I know that 2 or more treatments are usually necessary in this fight with PF, but haven't heard that about the OssaTron. Think twice about the PF release surgery. I had it last April along with TTS & my pain went away...for all of 2 months & then reared its ugly head with more intense pain. Thank goodness I found this site & brought it to my Dr.'s attention. His office was one of the first 6 sites in the states to have the OssaTron. I was actually his first pt. for the procedure. Hey, somebody has to be first & I trust him completely!! I just had the OssaTron procedure 10 days ago & as of right now, am completely pain free. Just keeping my fingers crossed. Hope this helps, I'm not an expert, but have a medical background & I would recomment the OssaTron to anyone out there over surgery. Good luck.
Karin