Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF and Fibromyalgia

Posted by Marsha K. on 1/08/01 at 14:16 (036155)

This is my first time to this site and find it very interesting. I have been suffering from PF...diagnosed myself. I have noticed pain in both heels, but mostly right one. I am wondering if anyone else out there suffers from fibromyalgia also. I also wear birkie sandals and love them, but never have purchased any other birkies. Has anyone had good success with a particular birkenstock shoe other than sandals? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: PF and Fibromyalgia

Celia on 1/08/01 at 18:37 (036175)

Hi Marsha. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia back in '98 when I had moved to Washington. All my trigger points were killing me and the doctor wanted to give me anti-depressants to help out my 'disorder.' I couldn't believe it. I had just moved from sunny California to the cold state of Washington when this fibro-crap started. I was very hesitant with taking the medication because I didn't want to become dependent on it. Because my body had reacted due to 'a change of environment' I decided to 'trick' my body and make it believe it was in sunny California. I was fortunate enough to live in an apartment complex that had a gym and tanning beds. I would tan twice a week for half an hour and (silly to think this would work) the heat and lights made my body feel better! I treated it as a mind over matter thing and now I'm free from it! If I could only do that with my feet, I'll start to believe that you can trick your body to believe whatever you want it to believe.

By the way, have you tried acupuncture? If you do a search, you'll find a lot of info on that. Good luck!!

Kim B. on 1/10/01 at 00:03 (036276)

Hi Marsha K.,

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 6 years ago. I've had PF, on and off, for about 2 years. The PF used to be constant and agonizing, but I've found a few things that help me learn to cope, and 'manage the pain' along the way. This is true with the FM too.

John Denver: 'Somedays are diamaonds... somedays are coal...'

Regards, Kim B.

Celia on 1/08/01 at 18:37 (036175)

Hi Marsha. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia back in '98 when I had moved to Washington. All my trigger points were killing me and the doctor wanted to give me anti-depressants to help out my 'disorder.' I couldn't believe it. I had just moved from sunny California to the cold state of Washington when this fibro-crap started. I was very hesitant with taking the medication because I didn't want to become dependent on it. Because my body had reacted due to 'a change of environment' I decided to 'trick' my body and make it believe it was in sunny California. I was fortunate enough to live in an apartment complex that had a gym and tanning beds. I would tan twice a week for half an hour and (silly to think this would work) the heat and lights made my body feel better! I treated it as a mind over matter thing and now I'm free from it! If I could only do that with my feet, I'll start to believe that you can trick your body to believe whatever you want it to believe.

By the way, have you tried acupuncture? If you do a search, you'll find a lot of info on that. Good luck!!

Kim B. on 1/10/01 at 00:03 (036276)

Hi Marsha K.,

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 6 years ago. I've had PF, on and off, for about 2 years. The PF used to be constant and agonizing, but I've found a few things that help me learn to cope, and 'manage the pain' along the way. This is true with the FM too.

John Denver: 'Somedays are diamaonds... somedays are coal...'

Regards, Kim B.