Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Help help help

Posted by Analyn Booth on 1/10/01 at 21:26 (036366)

Dear Dr. after 2 surgeries,countless injections,rx-Vioxx etc. on and off physical therapy, home therapy, heat treatment,cold treatment, I still am unable to stand the pain in my feet. Yes both feet. The left has had 2 surgeries and Dr. said doing the right would be pointless. I tried for trials since I lost my job and insurance from all this foot stuff. I have heard ossatron can not be used if the foot has had failed surgeries is this the case? It seems I am doomed to the rest of my life to say OH OH and nothing can help. If you have any ideas I wold love to hear from you. I live in Georgia. Thanks

Re: Help help help

Tracey A on 1/10/01 at 22:20 (036370)

Analyn, I to have had two surgeries on my right foot. I still can not walk without lots of pain. I've gone to therapy 3 times and that did't help. I had a MRI in December and it was normal, so why am I in pain? My lastest doctor has release me back to work and he refuses to take my calls. I know it is really frustrating but hang in there. Get a 2nd or 3rd opinion. I had my surgeries in June 2000 and again in Sept. 2000. Everything you are feeling I to feel the same things. I has a bad reaction to Vioxx, he scared me to death. I've done the heat the ice the massages and nothing has worked. I would be willing to talk anytime. I'm in Oklahoma. Tracey

Laurie R on 1/10/01 at 22:48 (036372)

Hi Tracey,
Frist of all I am so sorry to hear all you have been through.It seems like your doctor had no problem doing your surgeries and now you need his help and he won't take your calls. What 's that all about??? Why won't he take your calls? Have you asked his nurse or the person who answers the phone??/That makes no sence to me. Maybe you should get a new doctor. I have had bad doctors in the past too,I have a wonderful Pod now .I do feel very lucky. If you want to take anytime you can e-mail me. My heart really goes out to you. Hang in there. angels4111@prodigy.net

Laurie R

Re: Help help help (respnse to Laurie)

Tracey A on 1/10/01 at 23:01 (036377)

HI LAURIE, THIS DOCTOR DID MY SECOND SURGERY AND SINCE THE MRI CAME OUT NORMAL HE RELEASED ME BACK TO WORK. I CAN'T GET PAST HIS NURSE OR THE FRONT DESK THEY ALL SAY THAT HE RELEASED ME AND THERE NO NEED TO SEE HIM. I'M GOING TO NEW DOCTOR ON TUESDAY,HOPE HE HAS ANSWERS. I TOLD HIS NURSE I WAS STILL IN ALOT OF PAIN AND SHE TOLD ME I HAD TO LIVE WITH IT,GOOD ADVICE, HA,HA,HA!!!!!!!!!! I WILL E-MAIL SOMETIME. THANKS FOR LISTENING IT HELPS. TRACEY A (My E-mail is Brwneyedgirl56@aol.com)

Steve P on 1/11/01 at 09:08 (036398)

Analyn --- I'm not a doctor, so I feel as though I'm sort of trespassing on this board.

But 2 suggestions:

1. Consider going to a Sports Medicine Clinic at a large hospital. Look for one that has a foot & ankle specialty, maybe in Atlanta. ????

2. Consider going to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla. Website is http://www.mayo.edu & you do NOT need a doctor's referral.

What you need is a 2nd opinion with a top-notch practice.

Analyn on 1/11/01 at 11:52 (036424)

Thanks to all at least I know I am not the only one with tis misery that no one seems to be able to stop. I have an excellent family Dr. he does all he can. Both the pods I have had are through with me-- my insurance has maxxed out so tough luck and hurt are basically what they both have said.

Tracey A on 1/10/01 at 22:20 (036370)

Analyn, I to have had two surgeries on my right foot. I still can not walk without lots of pain. I've gone to therapy 3 times and that did't help. I had a MRI in December and it was normal, so why am I in pain? My lastest doctor has release me back to work and he refuses to take my calls. I know it is really frustrating but hang in there. Get a 2nd or 3rd opinion. I had my surgeries in June 2000 and again in Sept. 2000. Everything you are feeling I to feel the same things. I has a bad reaction to Vioxx, he scared me to death. I've done the heat the ice the massages and nothing has worked. I would be willing to talk anytime. I'm in Oklahoma. Tracey

Laurie R on 1/10/01 at 22:48 (036372)

Hi Tracey,
Frist of all I am so sorry to hear all you have been through.It seems like your doctor had no problem doing your surgeries and now you need his help and he won't take your calls. What 's that all about??? Why won't he take your calls? Have you asked his nurse or the person who answers the phone??/That makes no sence to me. Maybe you should get a new doctor. I have had bad doctors in the past too,I have a wonderful Pod now .I do feel very lucky. If you want to take anytime you can e-mail me. My heart really goes out to you. Hang in there. angels4111@prodigy.net

Laurie R

Re: Help help help (respnse to Laurie)

Tracey A on 1/10/01 at 23:01 (036377)

HI LAURIE, THIS DOCTOR DID MY SECOND SURGERY AND SINCE THE MRI CAME OUT NORMAL HE RELEASED ME BACK TO WORK. I CAN'T GET PAST HIS NURSE OR THE FRONT DESK THEY ALL SAY THAT HE RELEASED ME AND THERE NO NEED TO SEE HIM. I'M GOING TO NEW DOCTOR ON TUESDAY,HOPE HE HAS ANSWERS. I TOLD HIS NURSE I WAS STILL IN ALOT OF PAIN AND SHE TOLD ME I HAD TO LIVE WITH IT,GOOD ADVICE, HA,HA,HA!!!!!!!!!! I WILL E-MAIL SOMETIME. THANKS FOR LISTENING IT HELPS. TRACEY A (My E-mail is Brwneyedgirl56@aol.com)

Steve P on 1/11/01 at 09:08 (036398)

Analyn --- I'm not a doctor, so I feel as though I'm sort of trespassing on this board.

But 2 suggestions:

1. Consider going to a Sports Medicine Clinic at a large hospital. Look for one that has a foot & ankle specialty, maybe in Atlanta. ????

2. Consider going to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla. Website is http://www.mayo.edu & you do NOT need a doctor's referral.

What you need is a 2nd opinion with a top-notch practice.

Analyn on 1/11/01 at 11:52 (036424)

Thanks to all at least I know I am not the only one with tis misery that no one seems to be able to stop. I have an excellent family Dr. he does all he can. Both the pods I have had are through with me-- my insurance has maxxed out so tough luck and hurt are basically what they both have said.