Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ESWT

Posted by Lori B on 1/10/01 at 22:49 (036373)

I'm new to this site, but glad to finally have a place to have all my questions answered. I have suffered with PF for 7 years. I have been reading everyone's posts about ESWT and read Scott's info in it also. But I read about it first in Readers' Digest. (Jan. 2001) However, it doesn't sound like it is readily available and very expensive. Is there a list of places where it is currently being offered, or should I call around to pod's to find out if anyone here does it? (I live in SLC, UT.) Also, are HMO's covering the treatments yet?

Re: ESWT

Lori E. on 1/11/01 at 00:26 (036379)

Lori,
Check the ESWT page for a list of places that performs ESWT. I just got the treatment last month and I am hoping that this does the trick.

Dawn H on 1/11/01 at 10:06 (036401)

Lori,
Go to healthtronics.com and you will find a list of doctors who are currently performing the ESWT with the OssaTron. I found a doc in Ohio, $2500 goes to healtronics, and $1500 to dr who performs treatment...so we're talking $4,000 plus fee for anesthetic! Good luck!

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/12/01 at 18:31 (036502)

I feel obligated to inform you that there is the orbasone that is $2500, done in my office , no needles, all treatments included, downside is you have to travel to Woodbury, New Jersey which is right outside of Philadelphia Pa. The ossatron is a very good machine but the price isn't
I have patients that fly to my office get the procedure and still the cost is less. The ossatron providers have only been using the machine for the last three months. The orbasone. providers have been around for over one year. They say a satisfied consumer is an educated one. So educate yourself you asking any questions that you have about ESWT. IF you never come to my office I will still advice and direct you to the place that serves your best foot health interests and foot health savings.

Martha B. on 1/13/01 at 19:52 (036572)

I feel obligated to tell you that my ossatron treatment cost $1500 at the Sports Medicine Clinic in Toronto Canada and they have been doing this procedure for a long time. Look up http://www.orthotripsy.com.I did have a nerve block though.

Dr. Kosova on 1/19/01 at 04:52 (036839)

Hi Lori,
The Ossatron is now being covered by alot of hmos. Precertifcation and educating the medical directors of the plan is what we are doing in Chicago. If It is covered by your plan then we are restricted to what ever amount they will pay. If you Call Healthronics they will help you with this . Talk to Devonn. Many hmos were paying in the fda studies so dont be discouraged. I talked to Roy Brown the President of Healthtronics on wensday and the code(cpt) for the procedure in coming very soon. This will make the process even easier. If any Quetions feel free to call me at 1-630-8528650 or email good luck!

Dawn H on 1/19/01 at 10:11 (036857)

Martha:
Could you give me the exact name of the Sports Clinic in Toronto where you had your ESWT treatment? Thanks.

Lori E. on 1/11/01 at 00:26 (036379)

Lori,
Check the ESWT page for a list of places that performs ESWT. I just got the treatment last month and I am hoping that this does the trick.

Dawn H on 1/11/01 at 10:06 (036401)

Lori,
Go to healthtronics.com and you will find a list of doctors who are currently performing the ESWT with the OssaTron. I found a doc in Ohio, $2500 goes to healtronics, and $1500 to dr who performs treatment...so we're talking $4,000 plus fee for anesthetic! Good luck!

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/12/01 at 18:31 (036502)

I feel obligated to inform you that there is the orbasone that is $2500, done in my office , no needles, all treatments included, downside is you have to travel to Woodbury, New Jersey which is right outside of Philadelphia Pa. The ossatron is a very good machine but the price isn't
I have patients that fly to my office get the procedure and still the cost is less. The ossatron providers have only been using the machine for the last three months. The orbasone. providers have been around for over one year. They say a satisfied consumer is an educated one. So educate yourself you asking any questions that you have about ESWT. IF you never come to my office I will still advice and direct you to the place that serves your best foot health interests and foot health savings.

Martha B. on 1/13/01 at 19:52 (036572)

I feel obligated to tell you that my ossatron treatment cost $1500 at the Sports Medicine Clinic in Toronto Canada and they have been doing this procedure for a long time. Look up http://www.orthotripsy.com.I did have a nerve block though.

Dr. Kosova on 1/19/01 at 04:52 (036839)

Hi Lori,
The Ossatron is now being covered by alot of hmos. Precertifcation and educating the medical directors of the plan is what we are doing in Chicago. If It is covered by your plan then we are restricted to what ever amount they will pay. If you Call Healthronics they will help you with this . Talk to Devonn. Many hmos were paying in the fda studies so dont be discouraged. I talked to Roy Brown the President of Healthtronics on wensday and the code(cpt) for the procedure in coming very soon. This will make the process even easier. If any Quetions feel free to call me at 1-630-8528650 or email good luck!

Dawn H on 1/19/01 at 10:11 (036857)

Martha:
Could you give me the exact name of the Sports Clinic in Toronto where you had your ESWT treatment? Thanks.