Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot & ankle MRI

Posted by Helene M on 1/11/01 at 19:57 (036457)

I'm wondering if it makes a difference where you have the MRI done. I would think the radiologist needs to have an excellent knowledge of all the structures in the foot & ankle. Is it subject to interpretation depending on the radiologist who reads it?

Re: Foot & ankle MRI

cindyp on 1/11/01 at 20:28 (036458)

Well not being a doctor but speaking from personal experience, every doctor that has looked at mine (8 now I think) has seen the same thing and that includes the radiologist. So I think if something is there that you can see it's pretty much anybody able understand what they are looking at will see the same thing. If that makes any sense. I could see my problem but that's only because they did both my feet for comparison. Was in that thing for 2 hrs. Yuch I hated it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/12/01 at 00:43 (036468)

Most mri center had a radiologist who either has a fellowship or additional training in extremity readings or mri's or have the ability to
have someone with specialized training for foot and ankle readings.

So don't worry I have used alot of mri centers in my area and the quality of reading has become very standarized and very execellant in the ability to intrepret and enahance treatments.

cindyp on 1/11/01 at 20:28 (036458)

Well not being a doctor but speaking from personal experience, every doctor that has looked at mine (8 now I think) has seen the same thing and that includes the radiologist. So I think if something is there that you can see it's pretty much anybody able understand what they are looking at will see the same thing. If that makes any sense. I could see my problem but that's only because they did both my feet for comparison. Was in that thing for 2 hrs. Yuch I hated it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/12/01 at 00:43 (036468)

Most mri center had a radiologist who either has a fellowship or additional training in extremity readings or mri's or have the ability to
have someone with specialized training for foot and ankle readings.

So don't worry I have used alot of mri centers in my area and the quality of reading has become very standarized and very execellant in the ability to intrepret and enahance treatments.