Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr. Zuckerman I have one question...

Posted by cindyp on 1/11/01 at 20:31 (036459)

I may have asked this before, can't remember. But after having looked at my records, if I do nothing will this thing in my foot get bigger? What will it be like if i do nothing. ( right now it's a matter of finaincing any ways but) If i do have the surgery what's it going to leave me like? In your humble opinion how long would recovery time be. Dr. Quill said about 8 - 12 weeks does that sound right? Also said it was same day surgery and I would be done in about two hrs.

Re: Dr. Zuckerman I have one question...

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/12/01 at 00:33 (036465)

It is my understanding that this is causing you pain that has caused you misery and inability to function. This is the only reason that you should have this surgery. So you are starting from a postion of I can't live anymore to how can I improve my life. This is how to evaluate your decision.

To determine if it will get bigger or not that's really isn't something I would worry about. If for some reason you decide to live with this pain then it can be monitered for increase in size or any other changes.

Dr. Quill seems to have given you a fair assestment of the post-operative healing time. I am sure he has also told you that there is a very good chance of helping your pain go away.

So taking into account my above thinking go get this surgery which is the only chance you have to get your life back

Re: Dr. Zuckerman I have one question...

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/12/01 at 00:33 (036465)

It is my understanding that this is causing you pain that has caused you misery and inability to function. This is the only reason that you should have this surgery. So you are starting from a postion of I can't live anymore to how can I improve my life. This is how to evaluate your decision.

To determine if it will get bigger or not that's really isn't something I would worry about. If for some reason you decide to live with this pain then it can be monitered for increase in size or any other changes.

Dr. Quill seems to have given you a fair assestment of the post-operative healing time. I am sure he has also told you that there is a very good chance of helping your pain go away.

So taking into account my above thinking go get this surgery which is the only chance you have to get your life back