Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

products

Posted by Jennifer R on 1/12/01 at 09:41 (036482)

I have suffered for 6 months with PF/Heel Pain and I have recently found shoe inserts that really help. They are not a cure all, but they significantly reduce the pain. The inserts are called Viscopeds and you can find them on the web at http://www.bauerfeind.com . (Click on USA for English...it's a German company.) The inserts are full length and feel like they are an inch of firm jelly. They provide spot support and are supposed to resist compression over time.

Re: products

Kim B. on 1/12/01 at 16:09 (036494)

Jennifer,

Thanks, those full length inserts called Viscopeds actuallually do look pretty good, but I didn't locate the prices. I'm wondering how much they cost.

The site also has a good glossery, btw. I clicked on 'Metarsalgia' to see what it means and it is: 'A general term for irritation fo the metatarsals; aching pain in the metatarsal bones of the foot result from anatomical changes in their alignment.'

I wonder if this is a closer explantion for my Fibromyaglia-Foot-Plantar-Faciitis problems.

Anyway, thanks again for the link.

Regards, Kim B.

Jennifer R on 1/12/01 at 17:15 (036497)

Kim,
I didn't indicate the price I paid ($59.00 full lenght pair) because I actually ordered them from a catalog called Herrington. (You can request one of their catalogs at http://www.HerringtonCatalog.com.) When they arrived, I saw on the box the website for the company that makes them and went to that site to see what they cost direct from the company. No, it did not idicate their price, but there is a number to call for that info. Haven't had time to call yet. Hope that's not all too confusing.

I'm hoping the benefits last and this is not a short lived piece of heaven.
It has been worth every penny for me thus far, so I thank the Good Lord for that.

If you try them, let me know if they work for you. Like I said, it's not a cure, but I haven't been in tears for a while now.
Jennifer

Kim B. on 1/12/01 at 22:01 (036516)

Thanks for the additional info. I will check into them when I get a chance. I'm not in an immediate need...today anyway. We all know that could change - just like the weather. They do look really comfy to me at this stage of my foot care needs, at least from what I can see of them.

BTW, I've bought some insert type products that worked for awhile, then stopped helping for awhile (due to my feet going through 'changes,' I suppose,) but then later, they were useful again. The same thing has happened to me with certian shoes too. So, if the inserts start disagreeing with you, change to something else for awhile, then, they may agree with you again at a later date. Don't toss them out right away! One more piece of advice, from a 2 year PF sufferer: these things, (and shoes too), simply wear out. The manufacturers build a certian amount of break-down in to the product for the sake of getting return customers. So sometimes it can be a matter of replacing an old pair with a new pair. Keep these aspects in mind.

Whatever you do, keep your feet happy!!

Kim B.

Jennifer R on 1/13/01 at 00:40 (036531)

Kim,
Thanks for the advice, I need all I can get.
Jennifer

Kim B. on 1/12/01 at 16:09 (036494)

Jennifer,

Thanks, those full length inserts called Viscopeds actuallually do look pretty good, but I didn't locate the prices. I'm wondering how much they cost.

The site also has a good glossery, btw. I clicked on 'Metarsalgia' to see what it means and it is: 'A general term for irritation fo the metatarsals; aching pain in the metatarsal bones of the foot result from anatomical changes in their alignment.'

I wonder if this is a closer explantion for my Fibromyaglia-Foot-Plantar-Faciitis problems.

Anyway, thanks again for the link.

Regards, Kim B.

Jennifer R on 1/12/01 at 17:15 (036497)

Kim,
I didn't indicate the price I paid ($59.00 full lenght pair) because I actually ordered them from a catalog called Herrington. (You can request one of their catalogs at http://www.HerringtonCatalog.com.) When they arrived, I saw on the box the website for the company that makes them and went to that site to see what they cost direct from the company. No, it did not idicate their price, but there is a number to call for that info. Haven't had time to call yet. Hope that's not all too confusing.

I'm hoping the benefits last and this is not a short lived piece of heaven.
It has been worth every penny for me thus far, so I thank the Good Lord for that.

If you try them, let me know if they work for you. Like I said, it's not a cure, but I haven't been in tears for a while now.
Jennifer

Kim B. on 1/12/01 at 22:01 (036516)

Thanks for the additional info. I will check into them when I get a chance. I'm not in an immediate need...today anyway. We all know that could change - just like the weather. They do look really comfy to me at this stage of my foot care needs, at least from what I can see of them.

BTW, I've bought some insert type products that worked for awhile, then stopped helping for awhile (due to my feet going through 'changes,' I suppose,) but then later, they were useful again. The same thing has happened to me with certian shoes too. So, if the inserts start disagreeing with you, change to something else for awhile, then, they may agree with you again at a later date. Don't toss them out right away! One more piece of advice, from a 2 year PF sufferer: these things, (and shoes too), simply wear out. The manufacturers build a certian amount of break-down in to the product for the sake of getting return customers. So sometimes it can be a matter of replacing an old pair with a new pair. Keep these aspects in mind.

Whatever you do, keep your feet happy!!

Kim B.

Jennifer R on 1/13/01 at 00:40 (036531)

Kim,
Thanks for the advice, I need all I can get.
Jennifer