Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

plantar fasciitis for 10 years,what now?

Posted by ryan on 1/12/01 at 22:31 (036518)

Dear Doctors:
I have had p.f. for almost ten years. I have had massage therapy, physical
therapy, stretching, icing, steroidal, non- steroidal, night boot,cortisone shots, walking
boot, and finally surgery. None of these helped one bit. Oh ya, orthotics
too! Those are unbearable (two different pairs) I try aspercreme and another homeopathic anti-inflamm, I notice nothing. Vicodin doesn't help
much.
Do you know much about acupuncture? I would really be willing to try
anything at this point. I do not stand much at work, and my exercise has
now been limited to the bike both recumbant and regular. It is mainly in my right foot but is beginning to take shape in my left also.
Any suggestions would be lovely!!!! I am a 30 yr old female.

Re: plantar fasciitis for 10 years,what now?

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/14/01 at 07:27 (036587)

I don't have personal experience with acupunture, you can pose this question on this board or look in the search engine and you will get a complete book on the subject of acupuncture.

Another very effective option is ESWT. You can read the section on this board or you can call my ESWT coordinator Katie at 1-856-848-3338. She had ESWT performed by Dr. Z and she can tell you about her personal experience.

Re: plantar fasciitis for 10 years,what now?

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/14/01 at 07:27 (036587)

I don't have personal experience with acupunture, you can pose this question on this board or look in the search engine and you will get a complete book on the subject of acupuncture.

Another very effective option is ESWT. You can read the section on this board or you can call my ESWT coordinator Katie at 1-856-848-3338. She had ESWT performed by Dr. Z and she can tell you about her personal experience.