Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

going for 2nd eswt treatment Monday in LA

Posted by rekha.s on 1/13/01 at 15:39 (036561)

Hello you all....I am scheduled to go to LA to get 2nd round of treatment with the Orbasone. Dr Brook's orbasone is broken, so I am scheduled to see Mike Shapow. I had originally had treatment in May, and started noticing great improvement at 12-16 weeks (around August September). Only in December, during the holidays, did some minor careless things during the x'mas break (had guests over), and am again in pain.

I understand that additional eswt treatments are beneficial. Any more info out there about this? Dr Z or Dr B?

I am hoping that since it worked for me once, it will work again...Oh please please.....I really hope..and if i do get better this time, I am going to be extra careful!!! And always remember to be good to my feet.

Re: going for 2nd eswt treatment Monday in LA

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/13/01 at 20:21 (036574)

Yes they are but I don't know if they are helpful between week 12-24. Oh you just proved they are. The literature states that it hasn't been proven that additional ESWT treatments are benefical after 12 weeks, but you proved that they are.

I though that Mike and Dr. Brooks were the same office. I though that Mike did the treatment with DR. Brook's machine. So there are two machines ???

I am confused but it really doesn't make any different so long as you get the treatments and get better.

rekha.s on 1/13/01 at 23:35 (036584)

I had 2 treatments one week apart in late May, and started noticing improvement in late Aug/September....so that is at about 12 weeks. for months of Oct Nov and Dec my feet were doing pretty good, but I had a setback in Mid Dec.. It has been eight months since my treatment...so If I go again, is it is basically like starting with a clean slate?

sorry, don't mean to confuse u...just curious....although I am pretty confident that if it worked for me 1st time, It should do the trick again...from Sept thru December I barely thought about my feet, when I woke up in the morning, the pain was very minimal, I hardly visited this board anymore...but I shoudve been more careful, because ESWT will take the pain away or help it subside, but you need to correct what caused the condition in the first place.

Sorry folks....its ugly shoes forever...(at least for me)

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/13/01 at 20:21 (036574)

Yes they are but I don't know if they are helpful between week 12-24. Oh you just proved they are. The literature states that it hasn't been proven that additional ESWT treatments are benefical after 12 weeks, but you proved that they are.

I though that Mike and Dr. Brooks were the same office. I though that Mike did the treatment with DR. Brook's machine. So there are two machines ???

I am confused but it really doesn't make any different so long as you get the treatments and get better.

rekha.s on 1/13/01 at 23:35 (036584)

I had 2 treatments one week apart in late May, and started noticing improvement in late Aug/September....so that is at about 12 weeks. for months of Oct Nov and Dec my feet were doing pretty good, but I had a setback in Mid Dec.. It has been eight months since my treatment...so If I go again, is it is basically like starting with a clean slate?

sorry, don't mean to confuse u...just curious....although I am pretty confident that if it worked for me 1st time, It should do the trick again...from Sept thru December I barely thought about my feet, when I woke up in the morning, the pain was very minimal, I hardly visited this board anymore...but I shoudve been more careful, because ESWT will take the pain away or help it subside, but you need to correct what caused the condition in the first place.

Sorry folks....its ugly shoes forever...(at least for me)