Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DEFINATE HEEL PAIN!!!

Posted by cassandra w. on 1/14/01 at 23:22 (036624)

I was only 26 years old when this suddenly happened one morning as I hopped out of bed. I felt this aweful pain in my right foot at the back of my heel. Having 4 children there was no slowing down regardless of anything.So as i continued on through the day,I noticed it only was VERY painful when I would sit down to rest and then get up again. So what I am trying to say is that it is only painful when I sit and then get up.I am ok when I am on it,but I have to have my Nikes on.So is this a heel spur or something else.No,I have not yet been to the Dr. yet and it will be a year in Aug.2001. Please let me have some idea if any one knows. Thanks

Cassandra

Re: DEFINATE HEEL PAIN!!!

Cindy K. on 1/15/01 at 08:25 (036628)

Hi Cassandra,

I am not a doctor, but am a person who too has heel pain. I waited almost 2 years before going to a doctor for a diagnosis. Now, I could kick myself for waiting so long. I could have started three years ago working on my pain. My suggestion to you is get a diagnosis, don't wait anylonger, you have suffered enough. Take care of yourself, or you will end up like some of us with chronic conditions. In fact you may have waited too long and may be in for a long recovery period. Go to your MD-either a podiatrist or an orthopedic to diagnois your problem. You are at the right site, I might add, many of us have varying symptoms and diseases...so whatever you are diagnosed with, you will have a friend on site.
Good luck,
Cindy K.

Kate on 1/15/01 at 11:07 (036634)

Cassandra,
You absolutely, positively need to see a Dr. about this. You might want to start with your family physician and then move on to a good board certified podiatrist. As with all things, the sooner you treat your foot pain, the sooner you can get a jump on getting rid of it!
Please speak to either Dr. Z or Dr. B on the ' Ask the Dr.' board.
If I can be of any help, please feel free to email me, or contact our office at 856-848-3338.

Kate Jurman
ESWT oordinator

Cindy K. on 1/15/01 at 08:25 (036628)

Hi Cassandra,

I am not a doctor, but am a person who too has heel pain. I waited almost 2 years before going to a doctor for a diagnosis. Now, I could kick myself for waiting so long. I could have started three years ago working on my pain. My suggestion to you is get a diagnosis, don't wait anylonger, you have suffered enough. Take care of yourself, or you will end up like some of us with chronic conditions. In fact you may have waited too long and may be in for a long recovery period. Go to your MD-either a podiatrist or an orthopedic to diagnois your problem. You are at the right site, I might add, many of us have varying symptoms and diseases...so whatever you are diagnosed with, you will have a friend on site.
Good luck,
Cindy K.

Kate on 1/15/01 at 11:07 (036634)

Cassandra,
You absolutely, positively need to see a Dr. about this. You might want to start with your family physician and then move on to a good board certified podiatrist. As with all things, the sooner you treat your foot pain, the sooner you can get a jump on getting rid of it!
Please speak to either Dr. Z or Dr. B on the ' Ask the Dr.' board.
If I can be of any help, please feel free to email me, or contact our office at 856-848-3338.

Kate Jurman
ESWT oordinator