Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DURATION OF POST OP RECOVERY

Posted by LAURA J. on 1/16/01 at 11:14 (036677)

I'VE WRITTEN BEFORE ABOUT PAIN AND RESTRICTED MOVEMENT AFTER SURGERY. I'VE SEEN MY PODIATRIST SINCE THEN AND I HAVE SOME QUESTIONS THAT I'M NOT SURE HAVE BEEN ANSWERED TO MY SATISFACTION. WHEN TAKING A SHOWER I GET A SENSATION OF COLD ON THE SCAR LINE THAT FEELS LIKE IT MIGRATES DOWN MY FOOT. THIS IS WHEN THE WATER IS QUITE WARM AND IT FEELS NORMAL ON THE OTHER SIDE. I HAD SOME NERVE LYSIS DONE IN THIS FOOT AND AM CONCERNED THAT THIS IS NERVE IN ORIGIN. I ALSO HAVE MORE PAIN THAN PRIOR TO SURGERY. THE PAIN PRIOR TO SURGERY WAS LOCALIZED IN THE HEEL AREA, NOW IT TRAVELS FROM HEEL AROUND AND ACROSS THE TOP OF MY FOOT INTO THE LATERAL AREA OF MY FOOT. THE PODIATRIST SUGGESTED THAT IT MAY BE TIME TO CONSIDER STEROID INJECTIONS BUT I'M RELUCTANT TO START THAT AGAIN. I'M 9 WEEKS POSTOP. HE DID START ME ON CELEBREX, WHAT, IF ANY, ARE MY OPTIONS? I'M QUITE CONCERNED AS I NEED TO BE ABLE TO WORK AT LEAST 21 MORE YEARS FOR RETIREMENT AND DON'T SEE HOW THAT WILL BE POSSIBLE THE WAY I FEEL RIGHT NOW. I'M A NURSE AND WORK 12HOUR SHIFTS IN AN INTENSIVE CARE UNIT AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT AFFORD TO CUT BACK MY HOURS NOR DO I WANT TO TRANSFER TO A CLIPBOARD POSITION.

Re: DURATION OF POST OP RECOVERY

Vickie M on 1/18/01 at 18:55 (036813)

I am having a lot of the same problems with my post op recovery from my heel spur surgery, my surgery was on May 3, 2000. As of this day the pain is more severe, I wish I never had the surgery,
or maybe I just choose the wrong doctor to do it.

Good luck with your recovery

Re: DURATION OF POST OP RECOVERY

Vickie M on 1/18/01 at 18:55 (036813)

I am having a lot of the same problems with my post op recovery from my heel spur surgery, my surgery was on May 3, 2000. As of this day the pain is more severe, I wish I never had the surgery,
or maybe I just choose the wrong doctor to do it.

Good luck with your recovery