Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Burning Sensation after Surgery

Posted by Becky H on 1/18/01 at 10:04 (036790)

Hi Gang, on Nov.8, 2000 I had heel spur removal and plantar release. Have been doing great until last week. My foot is burning. Not real pain just a burning sensation in the bottom of foot and around ankle. Has anyone else had this or does anyone know what it could be.

Re: Burning Sensation after Surgery

Amy on 1/20/01 at 00:47 (036915)

Hi Becky! I had EPF surgery 13 weeks ago and am experiencing the same symptoms. I get the burning only when I have overdone it - walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes, going grocery shopping and cooking in the same day. Read my question in the Dr. Message Board. Dr. Z recommended that I get an ankle support or air cast. Found the support at Walgreen's for $10 and I wear it every day, never go barefoot and always wear supportive shoes. Good luck with your heeling.

Re: Burning Sensation after Surgery

Amy on 1/20/01 at 00:47 (036915)

Hi Becky! I had EPF surgery 13 weeks ago and am experiencing the same symptoms. I get the burning only when I have overdone it - walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes, going grocery shopping and cooking in the same day. Read my question in the Dr. Message Board. Dr. Z recommended that I get an ankle support or air cast. Found the support at Walgreen's for $10 and I wear it every day, never go barefoot and always wear supportive shoes. Good luck with your heeling.