Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Spur Surgery After Shock

Posted by Vickie M on 1/18/01 at 18:45 (036811)

I had surgery on my right foot, and my tendon, on May 3, 2000 as of today, I'm in so much pain, with burning sensation, the pain medications help very little, I'm icing my foot, as well as doing my stretches, can you tell me what other things can I do to relieve the pain, the doctor think it is scar tissue that causing me so much pain, he wants to give me more shots in my foot, I had a second option and that doctor did not think that would relieve my pain, On, Monday 01/15/01, I was washing my foot and I notice that I had a small piece of thread coming out of the incision, once I removed the thread the area is very sore and red,

Your advise would be greatly appreciated,

Vickie M.

Re: Heel Spur Surgery After Shock

Dr. Biehler on 1/18/01 at 19:01 (036815)

What type of surgery did you have? If you found a piece of thread comming out of the area where the cut was made, does that mean the inscision site has not healed as of yet?? If the area was healed and now it is starting to open and slowly spit out pieces of thread, it should be time to discuss this with the doctor that did the surgery. Dr.B.

Re: Heel Spur Surgery After Shock

Dr. Biehler on 1/18/01 at 19:01 (036815)

What type of surgery did you have? If you found a piece of thread comming out of the area where the cut was made, does that mean the inscision site has not healed as of yet?? If the area was healed and now it is starting to open and slowly spit out pieces of thread, it should be time to discuss this with the doctor that did the surgery. Dr.B.