Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by Kevin C. on 1/20/01 at 08:46 (036926)

After being on my feet all day (I am in construction) I can hardly walk on my feet the next morning. Is it possibe I have heel spurs and should I go see my doctor

Re: heel pain

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/20/01 at 15:11 (036948)

Kevin, typical heel pain associated with plantar fasciitis is that it is worse in the am and after periods of rest. It is VERY common in people who are in construction. If the problem just started, you could start with stretching, a MF heel cup, and by wearing shoes all the time that have a firm heel counter. You will be able to find LOTS of info on these things in this site, but feel free to contact me if you have specific questions. My initial treatment plan usually cortisone injections, but there are other options. The longer you wait to seek treatment, the harder it becomes to get rid of it. I do use orthotics, but not initially. I use them more for preventing the problem from coming back. Good luck.

Re: heel pain

Dr. Marlene Reid on 1/20/01 at 15:11 (036948)

Kevin, typical heel pain associated with plantar fasciitis is that it is worse in the am and after periods of rest. It is VERY common in people who are in construction. If the problem just started, you could start with stretching, a MF heel cup, and by wearing shoes all the time that have a firm heel counter. You will be able to find LOTS of info on these things in this site, but feel free to contact me if you have specific questions. My initial treatment plan usually cortisone injections, but there are other options. The longer you wait to seek treatment, the harder it becomes to get rid of it. I do use orthotics, but not initially. I use them more for preventing the problem from coming back. Good luck.