Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Relief finally from PF

Posted by Melissa S on 1/21/01 at 09:21 (036992)

I have been the journey since July of 2000, diagnosed with PF, injections, dose packs, anti-inflamitory, narcotics for pain, muscle relaxers, and a poor attitude all the way thru!!!! Oct diagnosed with fractured 5th metatarsal, surgical boot, custom orthodics, more narcotics, time off foot, anti-inflamitory, and a poor attitude still!!! Dec went back to Doc with real poor attitude flaring said I can't live like this anymore! Doc put me cold turkey off all drugs (toxins building in my system) and he put me in a removealbe walking cast. First few steps in cast no heel pain,no foot pain, no pain.. Pinch myself had pain.. Hmmmm It is now 4 weeks in cast and still no heel pain, no drugs, no foot pain!!! Is this the answer for us all? I have another 2 weeks in my best friend (Hate to loose this friend) and we will see if I can wear shoes and live a normal life again. Fingers crossed!! This is the only treatment that has left me completely totally PAIN FREE!!! Thank you for this site it has helped me keep my sanity through the pain!!

Re: Relief finally from PF - Follow up

Cynthia D on 1/26/01 at 17:00 (037451)

Melissa - congratulations! I see you had no responses to your happy news. Perhaps the rest of us are in too much pain and discomfort to tell you how we really feel! I'm sure everyone agrees with me - I personally am happy you found something that works for you!

Re: Relief finally from PF

KellyD on 2/01/01 at 17:44 (038009)

Melissa - I don't want to burst your bubble... I had the same experience with the boot - no pain at all while I was in it. But it took no time at all once I was out of it to get back to where I started. I sincerely hope it works for you - I remember having the same thoughts - I was addicted to a stupid boot! After that process, my doctor finally said I had done everything humanly possible to avoid surgery, and that it was the next step. I had EPF the next week and was sorry I didn't do it sooner. I no longer have any PF pain at all - and never really had any post-op pain at all. Best of luck - I just didn't want you to be as depressed as I was when I realized it didn't work - I was devastated.

Re: Relief finally from PF - Follow up

Cynthia D on 1/26/01 at 17:00 (037451)

Melissa - congratulations! I see you had no responses to your happy news. Perhaps the rest of us are in too much pain and discomfort to tell you how we really feel! I'm sure everyone agrees with me - I personally am happy you found something that works for you!

Re: Relief finally from PF

KellyD on 2/01/01 at 17:44 (038009)

Melissa - I don't want to burst your bubble... I had the same experience with the boot - no pain at all while I was in it. But it took no time at all once I was out of it to get back to where I started. I sincerely hope it works for you - I remember having the same thoughts - I was addicted to a stupid boot! After that process, my doctor finally said I had done everything humanly possible to avoid surgery, and that it was the next step. I had EPF the next week and was sorry I didn't do it sooner. I no longer have any PF pain at all - and never really had any post-op pain at all. Best of luck - I just didn't want you to be as depressed as I was when I realized it didn't work - I was devastated.