Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

one foot vs. both for eswt

Posted by Kay S on 1/21/01 at 17:25 (037019)

While it may be true that an untreated foot may improve along with the treated foot, I am still glad that I had both feet done at the same time. For one thing, I traveled from Illinois to NJ and that was a consideration. However, even if I had the treatment done here, I would have tried to convince the doc to do both. After almost five years of pain, numerous tests, procedures, doctor's visit, therapies, anything that will shorten the time spent on these feet is welcome. As long as it didn't actually hurt my progress, which I don't think it did, then I vote for the convenience of one visit.
If I had spent the same amount of time studying for something as I have on trying to cure my foot pain, I'd have a PHD by now.
Kay

Re: one foot vs. both for eswt

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/21/01 at 17:30 (037021)

There is always an exception to the one foot rule and if I had to do it again i would treat both of your feet just like I did.. Now if we are talking foot surgery way different.

I feel that there are exceptions to the one foot and travel is one of them.

The idea situation is to wait a few weeks and see how the left foot and the right foot get along .

I saw a sample of the turf orthosis that Richard made you . I am really hoping and looking forward to how your feet respond to this orthosis.

Please keep me updated.

Re: i also got both feet done this time

rekha.s on 1/21/01 at 20:38 (037037)

I also got both feet done....left foot hurts more so tech did 3500 x 2 on left and 3000 x 2 on right...but last time I got orbasone (in may), I only had left foot done, but both feet improved in the 3rd month....

Re: one foot vs. both for eswt

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/21/01 at 17:30 (037021)

There is always an exception to the one foot rule and if I had to do it again i would treat both of your feet just like I did.. Now if we are talking foot surgery way different.

I feel that there are exceptions to the one foot and travel is one of them.

The idea situation is to wait a few weeks and see how the left foot and the right foot get along .

I saw a sample of the turf orthosis that Richard made you . I am really hoping and looking forward to how your feet respond to this orthosis.

Please keep me updated.

Re: i also got both feet done this time

rekha.s on 1/21/01 at 20:38 (037037)

I also got both feet done....left foot hurts more so tech did 3500 x 2 on left and 3000 x 2 on right...but last time I got orbasone (in may), I only had left foot done, but both feet improved in the 3rd month....