Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just curious--which type of doctors do we have here?

Posted by Nancy N on 1/22/01 at 10:02 (037071)

I know Dr. Z and Dr. B are both DPMs. I'm just curious about our new docs--are you DPMs, orthos...?? I'm not sure from the professional associations you've listed.

Re: Just curious--which type of doctors do we have here?

DR. Kosova on 1/22/01 at 14:20 (037080)

Hi Nancy.

Dr. Reid and Myself are married with two children Ilyssa age 3.5 and Matthew he will be two on 3\09\01. We are both Board Certified by the Amerrican Board of Podiatric Surgery and by the American board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Fellows of the American College of foot and ankle surgeons and am bd of orthopedic and medicine. I am a past residency director of a 2 year foot and ankle training program and she was the podiatric medical director. We have been involved with the training of doctors for the last 13 years. We are the few podiatrist in are area that do advance leg ankle and foot surgery and have refferals from other podiatrists ,MDs. Physical Therapists in our area refer us other Dr.s patients when they are in PT for to long and not getting better on a regular basis. We have an or,floroscopy,multleskeletal ultrasound,xray arthroscopy, etc in our office. I was trained by the doctor that invented the minimal heel spur resection in the 1960s. The books that he wrote alot of podiatists used them. Dr. Reid was on OPRAH in 1998 for advise on high heel shoes(stleetos) and is the ACFAS consult for this. She was just on wgn-tv with a segment on return to school and sport shoes with children and has been interviewed and in many magazines. Some we dont even know about or who picks them up but people call to tell her. She is on a internet site about the children shoes article. I also helped in the editing and pictures and correct anatomy etc for the rearfoot book by the surgeon that helped train me. Dr. Reid is on a commitee for the ACFAS AND APMA. She is the current vice president of the American Womans Podiatric Association.

Thank you for the interest

Dr. Kosova

Re: Just curious--which type of doctors do we have here?

DR. Kosova on 1/22/01 at 14:20 (037080)

Hi Nancy.

Dr. Reid and Myself are married with two children Ilyssa age 3.5 and Matthew he will be two on 3\09\01. We are both Board Certified by the Amerrican Board of Podiatric Surgery and by the American board of Podiatric Orthopedics and Fellows of the American College of foot and ankle surgeons and am bd of orthopedic and medicine. I am a past residency director of a 2 year foot and ankle training program and she was the podiatric medical director. We have been involved with the training of doctors for the last 13 years. We are the few podiatrist in are area that do advance leg ankle and foot surgery and have refferals from other podiatrists ,MDs. Physical Therapists in our area refer us other Dr.s patients when they are in PT for to long and not getting better on a regular basis. We have an or,floroscopy,multleskeletal ultrasound,xray arthroscopy, etc in our office. I was trained by the doctor that invented the minimal heel spur resection in the 1960s. The books that he wrote alot of podiatists used them. Dr. Reid was on OPRAH in 1998 for advise on high heel shoes(stleetos) and is the ACFAS consult for this. She was just on wgn-tv with a segment on return to school and sport shoes with children and has been interviewed and in many magazines. Some we dont even know about or who picks them up but people call to tell her. She is on a internet site about the children shoes article. I also helped in the editing and pictures and correct anatomy etc for the rearfoot book by the surgeon that helped train me. Dr. Reid is on a commitee for the ACFAS AND APMA. She is the current vice president of the American Womans Podiatric Association.

Thank you for the interest

Dr. Kosova