Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

eswt

Posted by JudyS on 1/22/01 at 10:40 (037073)

Well folks, I had a very frustrating heel day yesterday - yes, this after weeks of very low-level discomfort. I honestly don't know why except to assume that my 30 minutes/day walk is too much.

Anyway, I've decided to present my Pod and my Insurance company with a treatise regarding the ESWT and I'd appreciate any input any of you may think is pertinant. I will be consulting with the closest treatment center - Los Angeles. With their information and with whatever I compile myself, I hope to convince my insurance company to cover the procedure for me - IF, that is, it's deemed appropriate in my case.

Anything you all would like to contribute would be appreciated!

Re: eswt

Dr. Kosova on 1/22/01 at 11:41 (037075)

Judy,

Go to the Healthtronics web site. The doctors that are trained have the information for the insurance companies. Their billing staff will know what to submit. Also healthtronics does their own precertifacation and has helped my office with difficult companies.(only one so far).

good luck!!

Dr. Kosova

rekha.s on 1/22/01 at 15:26 (037087)

I just received the treatment in Los Angeles last week from Mike Shapow's office. both feet two days apart. I really liked the staff, and the tech really knows what he is doing....

I also got the treatment in May and I felt a big difference after 2 months... just had a relapse, so went back for two more treatments..

rekha.s on 1/22/01 at 20:21 (037113)

Judy, I had the orbasone done. Like I said, I did notice an improvement , but in my case it took up until month 3 to month 4 to find relief, in fact so much so, that I actually stopped thinking about them all the time.

Dr. Kosova on 1/22/01 at 11:41 (037075)

Judy,

Go to the Healthtronics web site. The doctors that are trained have the information for the insurance companies. Their billing staff will know what to submit. Also healthtronics does their own precertifacation and has helped my office with difficult companies.(only one so far).

good luck!!

Dr. Kosova

rekha.s on 1/22/01 at 15:26 (037087)

I just received the treatment in Los Angeles last week from Mike Shapow's office. both feet two days apart. I really liked the staff, and the tech really knows what he is doing....

I also got the treatment in May and I felt a big difference after 2 months... just had a relapse, so went back for two more treatments..

rekha.s on 1/22/01 at 20:21 (037113)

Judy, I had the orbasone done. Like I said, I did notice an improvement , but in my case it took up until month 3 to month 4 to find relief, in fact so much so, that I actually stopped thinking about them all the time.