Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Let makes some new rules for doctors

Posted by Dr. Zuckerman on 1/22/01 at 19:16 (037104)

We will only talk about feet and let the companies that make the machines take about machines.

I will only answer doctor questions on the doctor board.

Will always help and answer any question that any patient has.

I never was a politican so I am going back to being a foot doctor who knows alittle bit about feet and ESWT.

Will always be there for the heelspurs.com pf board.

So lets have some fun and help some painful feet.

Re: There are some spelling mistakes so please ignore the spelling

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/22/01 at 19:20 (037105)

I hope you all understand that I just want to talk about feet and only
feet.

Re: Let makes some new rules for doctors

Barbara TX on 1/22/01 at 19:41 (037107)

Bravo. B.

Nancy N on 1/22/01 at 20:28 (037114)

Dr Z--

After reading the post that (I suspect) brought you to this decision, I understand your feelings. But I also think that cutting yourself off from discussing this technology would be a disservice to those of us who are hoping to benefit from that technology. If we only have the input of the ESWT companies to go on, it's much harder to separate the wheat from the chaff in our decision-making process than if we have the information from the people who are actually using those machines.

I think a better rule would be that the doctors all treat each other with the respect they would like to be treated with themselves. It's a good rule for everyone and would, hopefully, prevent any situations like this, while still allowing those of us with PF to educate ourselves as much as possible. And I think everyone on the board agrees that educating ourselves is the most important thing we can all do to help ourselves. I think it's great that we have some new doctors, with a different machine, contributing their experiences and knowledge, but only if we can all learn from it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/22/01 at 20:56 (037116)

I will always tell this board what I am doing and why . What I can't do any more is get into which machine is better etc etc. I have alway felt that the doctor who is a human is the most important aspect of ESWT.

The one aspect of ESWT that I never liked and still don't like is that it takes a machine to product the shockwave and when we deal with machines, problems will start which is better etc etc.

This is the best analogy that still thrills me I am going to tell a little story about the first time man went the moon and what excited Dr.
Z about the entire historic adventure. We all loved and cherished the first small step for man one giant leap for mankind part of the landing but this is what I still think about and get a thrill thinking about.

When the ship was approaching the lunar surface the good old computers were directing the ship to its site on the surface on the moon.

Well the computers ( auto pilot) were directing the landing right into a moon mountain which would of changed the entire mission from one of glory to one of total destruction and we would be telling a entirely different story today

Now the best part and the one I love . The men on board shut off the computer and landed the ship with manual controls yes with the smart computers off man did land with man at the controls.

So every day that I can think of a simple way to make the machine less important and the doctor more important is a thrill for me.

When I use the ESWT orbasone machine I try to land the shockwave at the focal point of treatment which is something that only the doctor will be able to do. Yes there is a flurscopy and ultrsound but no one but the doctor can make sure the shockwave is first indicated and second that you have the area that you can benefit from the shockwave.

So tonight I have decided to shut the important of the machine off and stick to the importance of doctors and what can we do to improve the deliverance and benefits of ESWT to people who are the most important aspect of why we are hear in the first place.

Dr.Kosova on 1/22/01 at 23:06 (037128)

Dear DR. Z,

I apologize for the tone of my response but you pressed the issue with your previous posts to us. You said that we or Ossatron was trying to conceal information or something to that nature. I spent a good part of the day , which I normally spend with my children on Mondays, calling to find information and answers to your questions.

What should I do when I come across information? Donier and Seimans are both coming out with machines probaly within the next year but they are electromagnetic. Orbasone and Ossatron are hydralic, There are differences!

I still believe that some of the questions had merit.

Again at the ACFAS meeting there will be a presentation on the studies on ORBASONE and Ossatron. Should I not report on this?

Lets continue to report our findings and tx.advice to better assist all of us doctors and patients to get rid of foot and ankle pain!!!!!!

Respectfully,

Dr. Kosova

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/22/01 at 23:34 (037129)

I agreed. We sometimes take each other too serious. By the way the water in the orbasone is changed every two weeks, whether I want to or not.

I couldn't help it. I am trying to be funny.

It amazing how we defend these machine.!!! Sometimes I could just kill the orbasone.

You are very lucky to not have to adopt any ESWT. machine. Sometimes I think the orbasone is a child . I have to take care of it everyday and on days when I really don't feel like . I know two time zones EAST Coast and Europe time.

DR. Zuckerman on 1/24/01 at 12:16 (037220)

One of my teachers who is now retired taught me some great lessions in
Chiropody. He never changed his degree. He still was one of the best podiatrists that I had the honor of learning from. I think that reason for the name change was due chiropractor and chiropody being so close in name. This is just a guess

Julie on 1/25/01 at 03:07 (037304)

John, maybe chiropodist sounds classier to you because it's less familiar that podiatrist! Here in the UK we have millions of chiropodists and fewer podiatrists. I think there must be significant differences in the training - most pods will do chiropody, but not the other way around.

Re: There are some spelling mistakes so please ignore the spelling

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/22/01 at 19:20 (037105)

I hope you all understand that I just want to talk about feet and only
feet.

Barbara TX on 1/22/01 at 19:41 (037107)

Bravo. B.

Nancy N on 1/22/01 at 20:28 (037114)

Dr Z--

After reading the post that (I suspect) brought you to this decision, I understand your feelings. But I also think that cutting yourself off from discussing this technology would be a disservice to those of us who are hoping to benefit from that technology. If we only have the input of the ESWT companies to go on, it's much harder to separate the wheat from the chaff in our decision-making process than if we have the information from the people who are actually using those machines.

I think a better rule would be that the doctors all treat each other with the respect they would like to be treated with themselves. It's a good rule for everyone and would, hopefully, prevent any situations like this, while still allowing those of us with PF to educate ourselves as much as possible. And I think everyone on the board agrees that educating ourselves is the most important thing we can all do to help ourselves. I think it's great that we have some new doctors, with a different machine, contributing their experiences and knowledge, but only if we can all learn from it.

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/22/01 at 20:56 (037116)

I will always tell this board what I am doing and why . What I can't do any more is get into which machine is better etc etc. I have alway felt that the doctor who is a human is the most important aspect of ESWT.

The one aspect of ESWT that I never liked and still don't like is that it takes a machine to product the shockwave and when we deal with machines, problems will start which is better etc etc.

This is the best analogy that still thrills me I am going to tell a little story about the first time man went the moon and what excited Dr.
Z about the entire historic adventure. We all loved and cherished the first small step for man one giant leap for mankind part of the landing but this is what I still think about and get a thrill thinking about.

When the ship was approaching the lunar surface the good old computers were directing the ship to its site on the surface on the moon.

Well the computers ( auto pilot) were directing the landing right into a moon mountain which would of changed the entire mission from one of glory to one of total destruction and we would be telling a entirely different story today

Now the best part and the one I love . The men on board shut off the computer and landed the ship with manual controls yes with the smart computers off man did land with man at the controls.

So every day that I can think of a simple way to make the machine less important and the doctor more important is a thrill for me.

When I use the ESWT orbasone machine I try to land the shockwave at the focal point of treatment which is something that only the doctor will be able to do. Yes there is a flurscopy and ultrsound but no one but the doctor can make sure the shockwave is first indicated and second that you have the area that you can benefit from the shockwave.

So tonight I have decided to shut the important of the machine off and stick to the importance of doctors and what can we do to improve the deliverance and benefits of ESWT to people who are the most important aspect of why we are hear in the first place.

Dr.Kosova on 1/22/01 at 23:06 (037128)

Dear DR. Z,

I apologize for the tone of my response but you pressed the issue with your previous posts to us. You said that we or Ossatron was trying to conceal information or something to that nature. I spent a good part of the day , which I normally spend with my children on Mondays, calling to find information and answers to your questions.

What should I do when I come across information? Donier and Seimans are both coming out with machines probaly within the next year but they are electromagnetic. Orbasone and Ossatron are hydralic, There are differences!

I still believe that some of the questions had merit.

Again at the ACFAS meeting there will be a presentation on the studies on ORBASONE and Ossatron. Should I not report on this?

Lets continue to report our findings and tx.advice to better assist all of us doctors and patients to get rid of foot and ankle pain!!!!!!

Respectfully,

Dr. Kosova

Dr. Zuckerman on 1/22/01 at 23:34 (037129)

I agreed. We sometimes take each other too serious. By the way the water in the orbasone is changed every two weeks, whether I want to or not.

I couldn't help it. I am trying to be funny.

It amazing how we defend these machine.!!! Sometimes I could just kill the orbasone.

You are very lucky to not have to adopt any ESWT. machine. Sometimes I think the orbasone is a child . I have to take care of it everyday and on days when I really don't feel like . I know two time zones EAST Coast and Europe time.

DR. Zuckerman on 1/24/01 at 12:16 (037220)

One of my teachers who is now retired taught me some great lessions in
Chiropody. He never changed his degree. He still was one of the best podiatrists that I had the honor of learning from. I think that reason for the name change was due chiropractor and chiropody being so close in name. This is just a guess

Julie on 1/25/01 at 03:07 (037304)

John, maybe chiropodist sounds classier to you because it's less familiar that podiatrist! Here in the UK we have millions of chiropodists and fewer podiatrists. I think there must be significant differences in the training - most pods will do chiropody, but not the other way around.