Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Neuroma and heel pain

Posted by gail d on 1/23/01 at 13:04 (037154)

i have been reading with gratitude all the messages about heel pain - i have been suffering for over two years. I have tried various 'cures' but
now i am about to go for orthotics. The information i read has helped in knowing what i want to ask.
However, i am really interested in finding out about something called OssaTron or Osteoblast (i think this is what it is called) treatment. I have a painful (the worst) Neuroma and do not want to have surgery to remove the nerve - no paid time off - and not inclined to want to go this way anyway. While i am hoping the Orthotics will help this also - i read in Prevention about a new machine called the OssaTron using high energy waves to break up scar tissue, calcifications and bony growths.
Does anyone know if this might help with Neuroma?

Re: Neuroma and heel pain

Nancy N on 1/23/01 at 14:11 (037156)

Gail--

You might want to post to the Ask the Doctors board to make sure they see your post--or else to the ESWT board, since that is the treatment you're referring to. You can find a lot of information about ESWT on the ESWT page, too. The OssaTron is the only machine that has been FDA approved so far, so that is probably the one you've heard of.

Re: Neuroma and heel pain

Nancy N on 1/23/01 at 14:11 (037156)

Gail--

You might want to post to the Ask the Doctors board to make sure they see your post--or else to the ESWT board, since that is the treatment you're referring to. You can find a lot of information about ESWT on the ESWT page, too. The OssaTron is the only machine that has been FDA approved so far, so that is probably the one you've heard of.